I’ve held a number of jobs and put my hand to a lot of things before settling down to a keyboard, camera and newspaper deadlines. Paperboy, television repair, dairy farm hand, convenience store clerk, roofer, oil field rough-neck, casket truck driver, sheriff’s department dispatcher and jake-leg carpenter are jobs I have held. Each put money […]
Tag Archives | Job
HOUSTON – Houston is a nice, quiet, safe little town and city leaders want to keep it that way. The Houston Board of Aldermen has voted to advertise for a new police officer and hopes to have that person hired this summer. “Hiring police officers is one of the most important things we do,” said […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County saw its labor force swell as people apparently came home for the holidays and sent the county’s unemployment rate back over 10 percent in December. Chickasaw County’s jobless rate was 11 percent in December, up from the November rate of 9.6. December’s jobless rate for Northeast Mississippi was 9.6 percent, and […]
This February, Excel in Okolona, in partnership with local businesses and industries, will offer Jobs Junction, an educational and training program. The program is focused on assisting unemployed and underemployed individuals develop marketable workplace skills, especially for positions in industry and retail businesses in Okolona. The five-week course will be held three times a year […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...