HOUSTON — There are lot of needs this Christmas and most of them can be filled when a person has a job. The WIN Job Center hosted a Christmas Open House recently to show local leaders and the public what it can offer 12 months out of the year to help someone find the right […]
Tag Archives | Job
The boys will be home this weekend. My two oldest will make the trek home from college Friday night. Sara has been planning for their arrival for more than a month. Special foods have been bought, the house has been decorated, Christmas gifts are ready and she has lined up a “schedule of events” to […]
HOUSTON – The GED has always been a tough test, but it will get tougher on Jan. 2 with a new version and curriculum set to be introduced. The GED (General Educational Development) exam has been a safety net for those who do not obtain a high school diploma and is typically used as a […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal MONROE COUNTY — Little Caesars has Aberdeen and Amory on its radar for potential locations, and is seeking an entrepreneur interested in making them a reality. “We would like to see stores in Aberdeen and Amory because both markets are ideal for development,” said Dan Ducharme, director of […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
I’ve held a number of jobs and put my hand to a lot of things before settling down to a keyboard, camera and newspaper deadlines. Paperboy, television repair, dairy farm hand, convenience store clerk, roofer, oil field rough-neck, casket truck driver, sheriff’s department dispatcher and jake-leg carpenter are jobs I have held. Each put money […]
HOUSTON – Houston is a nice, quiet, safe little town and city leaders want to keep it that way. The Houston Board of Aldermen has voted to advertise for a new police officer and hopes to have that person hired this summer. “Hiring police officers is one of the most important things we do,” said […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County saw its labor force swell as people apparently came home for the holidays and sent the county’s unemployment rate back over 10 percent in December. Chickasaw County’s jobless rate was 11 percent in December, up from the November rate of 9.6. December’s jobless rate for Northeast Mississippi was 9.6 percent, and […]
This February, Excel in Okolona, in partnership with local businesses and industries, will offer Jobs Junction, an educational and training program. The program is focused on assisting unemployed and underemployed individuals develop marketable workplace skills, especially for positions in industry and retail businesses in Okolona. The five-week course will be held three times a year […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....