By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal MONROE COUNTY — Little Caesars has Aberdeen and Amory on its radar for potential locations, and is seeking an entrepreneur interested in making them a reality. “We would like to see stores in Aberdeen and Amory because both markets are ideal for development,” said Dan Ducharme, director of […]
Tag Archives | Job
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
I’ve held a number of jobs and put my hand to a lot of things before settling down to a keyboard, camera and newspaper deadlines. Paperboy, television repair, dairy farm hand, convenience store clerk, roofer, oil field rough-neck, casket truck driver, sheriff’s department dispatcher and jake-leg carpenter are jobs I have held. Each put money […]
HOUSTON – Houston is a nice, quiet, safe little town and city leaders want to keep it that way. The Houston Board of Aldermen has voted to advertise for a new police officer and hopes to have that person hired this summer. “Hiring police officers is one of the most important things we do,” said […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County saw its labor force swell as people apparently came home for the holidays and sent the county’s unemployment rate back over 10 percent in December. Chickasaw County’s jobless rate was 11 percent in December, up from the November rate of 9.6. December’s jobless rate for Northeast Mississippi was 9.6 percent, and […]
This February, Excel in Okolona, in partnership with local businesses and industries, will offer Jobs Junction, an educational and training program. The program is focused on assisting unemployed and underemployed individuals develop marketable workplace skills, especially for positions in industry and retail businesses in Okolona. The five-week course will be held three times a year […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...