By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Retiring Chickasaw County Sheriff Jimmy Simmons – whose six consecutive terms put him in the record books as that county’s longest serving sheriff – was recognized Wednesday morning at a reception hosted by the Sheriff’s Department at the Houston Community […]
Tag Archives | Jimmy Simmons
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Chickasaw County will keep a select group of state inmates to round out a county work crew but will no longer have a labor pool of up to 60 men to pull from. The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors voted Monday to house state inmates in the […]
By William Moore Daily Journal TUPELO – The term “big election” really applies to the races for Monroe County circuit clerk and Chickasaw County sheriff. Neither incumbent has chosen to seek re-election and just half-way through the qualifying period, each race already has eight candidates. Qualifying will continue until 5 p.m. on Feb. 27. In […]
HOUSTON – A fight at the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility Sunday night involved about a half-dozen inmates and prompted the prison to go into lockdown and call in officers to settle inmates down. Chickasaw County Sheriff Jimmy Simmons said a fight broke out about 10:30 p.m. and staff, deputies and police had the situation […]
HOUSTON – The loss of revenue at the county E-911 department due to a cancelled contract for dispatching services to the City of Houston had immediate effects, according to Sheriff Jimmy Simmons. “We had to let go two people,” Simmons said. Simmons said the best-case scenario would be to have a minimum of two […]
HOULKA – Citizens of Houlka have seen an ongoing paving project become a nuisance but the Houlka Board of Aldermen said the paving company is liable for repairs and will have to fix issues of holes and erosion. Public Works Director, David Ray, said the paving on Oak Lane sank and the company is responsible […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...