HOUSTON – A Jackson law firm has been hired by the Houston School District Board of Trustees to provide legal services in an effort to get the roof fixed at the Houston School of Science and Technology. School board trustees met March 6, and after a 40-minute executive session with NewPath consultant Warren Bowen, voted […]
Tag Archives | Jernigan
HOUSTON – An kitchen fire at a home on Second Avenue heavily damaged the home and kept firefighters on the scene about an hour before they got it out cold. The blaze was reported by a neighbor and the Houston Fire Department was dispatched at 5:50 p.m. Thursday with smoke and flames reported when […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal EDITOR’S NOTE: Keep checking back with chickasawjournal.com for today’s game updates. RIDGELAND – Newton County coach Justin Chaney calls it “fastbreak softball.”His Lady Cougars registered a few layups with their up-tempo attack Friday afternoon and sprinted to a 16-3, five-inning victory against defending state champion Houston in the MHSAA […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...