HOUSTON – A Jackson law firm has been hired by the Houston School District Board of Trustees to provide legal services in an effort to get the roof fixed at the Houston School of Science and Technology. School board trustees met March 6, and after a 40-minute executive session with NewPath consultant Warren Bowen, voted […]
Tag Archives | Jernigan
HOUSTON – An kitchen fire at a home on Second Avenue heavily damaged the home and kept firefighters on the scene about an hour before they got it out cold. The blaze was reported by a neighbor and the Houston Fire Department was dispatched at 5:50 p.m. Thursday with smoke and flames reported when […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal EDITOR’S NOTE: Keep checking back with chickasawjournal.com for today’s game updates. RIDGELAND – Newton County coach Justin Chaney calls it “fastbreak softball.”His Lady Cougars registered a few layups with their up-tempo attack Friday afternoon and sprinted to a 16-3, five-inning victory against defending state champion Houston in the MHSAA […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...