Special to the Chickasaw Journal Jerry and Martha Jenkins Griffin celebrate their Golden Anniversary this month and lived in Houston for 23 years before moving to Tupelo and now live in Saltillo. Their marriage has been blessed with a daughter, Carla Starr Griffin Parker; four grandchildren, Alayna Starr Parker, Linda Mae Dillard, Cody and Chad […]
Tag Archives | Jenkins
WEST POINT – Taylor Dragoo, 15, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He was born April 19, 1999, in West Point to Sherry Reannay Jenkins and Steven Alfred Dragoo. He was a member of First Christian Church, but also attended the youth groups of First Baptist Church, […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
NEW ALBANY – Mary Alice Jenkins, 66, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at her residence in New Albany. A native of Bruce, she was the daughter of Elder L.V. Stovall and Eva Lois Corbitt Stovall. She attended United House of Prayer in Cotton Plant. She was employed for almost 35 years with New Albany Light, […]
THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s […]
WATER VALLEY – Emmie Faye Howell Jenkins, 83, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. She was born April 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to Jesse Ellis and Ethel Shephard Howell. She was a member of Union Grove Baptist Church in Calhoun County; a past Matron of the Eastern Star […]
OKOLONA – Arementha Jenkins passed away on Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 18, 1945, she was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Allison Jenkins Sr. She is survived by her two brothers, Allison (Joann) Jenkins Jr. of Hattiesburg and the Rev. Dr. Terwileger (Vera) […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....