Special to the Chickasaw Journal Jerry and Martha Jenkins Griffin celebrate their Golden Anniversary this month and lived in Houston for 23 years before moving to Tupelo and now live in Saltillo. Their marriage has been blessed with a daughter, Carla Starr Griffin Parker; four grandchildren, Alayna Starr Parker, Linda Mae Dillard, Cody and Chad […]
Tag Archives | Jenkins
WEST POINT – Taylor Dragoo, 15, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He was born April 19, 1999, in West Point to Sherry Reannay Jenkins and Steven Alfred Dragoo. He was a member of First Christian Church, but also attended the youth groups of First Baptist Church, […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
NEW ALBANY – Mary Alice Jenkins, 66, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at her residence in New Albany. A native of Bruce, she was the daughter of Elder L.V. Stovall and Eva Lois Corbitt Stovall. She attended United House of Prayer in Cotton Plant. She was employed for almost 35 years with New Albany Light, […]
THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s […]
WATER VALLEY – Emmie Faye Howell Jenkins, 83, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. She was born April 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to Jesse Ellis and Ethel Shephard Howell. She was a member of Union Grove Baptist Church in Calhoun County; a past Matron of the Eastern Star […]
OKOLONA – Arementha Jenkins passed away on Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 18, 1945, she was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Allison Jenkins Sr. She is survived by her two brothers, Allison (Joann) Jenkins Jr. of Hattiesburg and the Rev. Dr. Terwileger (Vera) […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...