By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — Okolona Municipal Separate School District School Board extended the superintendent’s contract for three year and approved his salary. Trustees approved a three-year contract agreement with Dexter Green to serve as Superintendent of Education in the Okolona Municipal Separate School District commencing on […]
Tag Archives | Jenkins
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Okolona School Board dismissed a complaint of inappropriate music at home basketball games, hired a series of substitute tutors for the 21st Century program, and approved quotes for boiler repairs and lighting during its meeting Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Jerry and Martha Jenkins Griffin celebrate their Golden Anniversary this month and lived in Houston for 23 years before moving to Tupelo and now live in Saltillo. Their marriage has been blessed with a daughter, Carla Starr Griffin Parker; four grandchildren, Alayna Starr Parker, Linda Mae Dillard, Cody and Chad […]
WEST POINT – Taylor Dragoo, 15, passed away Saturday, June 7, 2014, at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. He was born April 19, 1999, in West Point to Sherry Reannay Jenkins and Steven Alfred Dragoo. He was a member of First Christian Church, but also attended the youth groups of First Baptist Church, […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
NEW ALBANY – Mary Alice Jenkins, 66, died Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, at her residence in New Albany. A native of Bruce, she was the daughter of Elder L.V. Stovall and Eva Lois Corbitt Stovall. She attended United House of Prayer in Cotton Plant. She was employed for almost 35 years with New Albany Light, […]
THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s […]
WATER VALLEY – Emmie Faye Howell Jenkins, 83, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. She was born April 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to Jesse Ellis and Ethel Shephard Howell. She was a member of Union Grove Baptist Church in Calhoun County; a past Matron of the Eastern Star […]
OKOLONA – Arementha Jenkins passed away on Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 18, 1945, she was the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Allison Jenkins Sr. She is survived by her two brothers, Allison (Joann) Jenkins Jr. of Hattiesburg and the Rev. Dr. Terwileger (Vera) […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...