NETTLETON – Jamie C.A. Guin, 33, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was employed as a frame builder for United Furniture Mfg. in Nettleton. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with family and friends. He always met everyone with a smile. He was a 1999 graduate of Mantachie High School. He […]
Tag Archives | Jamie
NETTLETON – Jamie C.A. Guin, 33, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was employed as a frame builder for United Furniture Manufacturing in Nettleton. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with family and friends. He always met everyone with a smile. He was a 1999 graduate of Mantachie High School. He […]
COLUMBUS – James Clyde “”Jamie”” Sullivan, 31, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 17, 1981, in Amory to Jerry Clyde and Anita Summerford Sullivan. He had lived in the Columbus area since October 1997, moving from Okolona. He was a member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Columbus, North […]
HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
NETTLETON – Jamie L. Westmoreland, 24, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 4, 1988, to Johnny and JoAnn Lynn Westmoreland in Tupelo. He was a Baptist in belief. He honorably served his country with the National Guard for six years. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, disc golf, canoeing, being […]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of […]
HOUSTON – Minnie Mae Holmes, 77, died Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at her home. Services will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at New Hope M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial will be at New Hope Cemetery in Woodland. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen in charge. She is survived by five sons, Ira, Jamie and J.B. […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...