MSU Ag Communication News MISSISSIPPI STATE — Challenged to develop alternative uses for culled sweet potatoes, Mississippi State University students really thought outside the box. Cosmetics, feminine hygiene products and deer attractants were among the student proposals in the first Sweet Potato Innovation Challenge at MSU. Phase one of the challenge took place during the […]
Tag Archives | Jamie
Special to the Chickasaw Journal NATCHEZ TRACE – A Houston man died in an early-morning, one-vehicle accident Wednesday on the Natchez Trace Parkway in Chickasaw County. Jamie Adams, 41, of Houston, was pronounced dead at the scene after the black Ford pickup he was driving left the roadway and struck a tree at milepost […]
NETTLETON – Jamie C.A. Guin, 33, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was employed as a frame builder for United Furniture Mfg. in Nettleton. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with family and friends. He always met everyone with a smile. He was a 1999 graduate of Mantachie High School. He […]
NETTLETON – Jamie C.A. Guin, 33, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was employed as a frame builder for United Furniture Manufacturing in Nettleton. An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed fishing, camping and spending time with family and friends. He always met everyone with a smile. He was a 1999 graduate of Mantachie High School. He […]
COLUMBUS – James Clyde “”Jamie”” Sullivan, 31, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 17, 1981, in Amory to Jerry Clyde and Anita Summerford Sullivan. He had lived in the Columbus area since October 1997, moving from Okolona. He was a member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Columbus, North […]
HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
NETTLETON – Jamie L. Westmoreland, 24, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 4, 1988, to Johnny and JoAnn Lynn Westmoreland in Tupelo. He was a Baptist in belief. He honorably served his country with the National Guard for six years. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, disc golf, canoeing, being […]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of […]
HOUSTON – Minnie Mae Holmes, 77, died Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at her home. Services will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at New Hope M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial will be at New Hope Cemetery in Woodland. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen in charge. She is survived by five sons, Ira, Jamie and J.B. […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...