HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
Tag Archives | James
SPRINGDALE, Ark. – James Ellis Sugg, 70, died Saturday, April 13, 2013, at Northwest Medical Center in Springdale, Ark. He was born Nov. 24, 1942, in West Point to Harry C and Mary Riley Sugg. He was a retired food inspector for the U.S.D.A. He was a 32nd degree Mason and Shriner. He was a […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
HOUSTON – James Timothy “Tim” Gann, 52, died Thursday, March 21, 2013. He was born March 3, 1961, in Chickasaw County to James Austin Gann and Deloise Ann Whitt Gann. He was an avid hunter and outdoorsman. He was a former truck driver. He was a member of Arbor Grove Baptist Church. Service will be […]
RIPLEY – The Rev. James Aron Lewis, 78, went to be with the Lord on Monday, March 4, 2013. He was born on June 1, 1934, in Mantee and reared in Webster County. He was saved at the age of 8 and called into the ministry and preached his first sermon at age 14. He […]
OKOLONA – James Toliver Carter, 93, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born April 9, 1919, in Woodland to James Carter and Mary Martin Carter. As a lifelong resident of Okolona, he attended school there and worked many years in general maintenance for the City of Okolona before […]
HOUSTON – They are undefeated over the past 11-years in a high-tech field filled with teams that are better funded and come from much larger communities. The Houston Solar Car team was presented to the Mississippi Senate Thursday and after a brief presentation explaining their vehicle and their accomplishments was given a standing ovation by […]
LOUISVILLE – James Willie Sutherland, 76, formerly of Vardaman, died Friday, March 1, 2013, at Winston Medical Center in Louisville. He was born May 3, 1936, in Vardaman. He was a member of New Liberty Baptist Church. Services are at 2 p.m. Tuesday at New Liberty Baptist Church in Vardaman with the Rev. Paul Childress […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
MANTEE – Jessie James Cannon, 59, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Siloam M.B. Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services in West Point is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the […]
- MSU class crafts image for Chickasaw farm January 21, 2015
- Do legislators really know better than voters? January 24, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...