HOULKA – Jake Morris Ledbetter Jr., 89, died on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his residence in Houlka. Born Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1925, he was the son of the late Jake Ledbetter and the late Winnie Ledbetter. He was retired from Houston Chemical of Houston, Texas, where he worked for 30 years. Survivors include his […]
Tag Archives | Jake
HOUSTON – The three blinking radio towers of WCPC have been a local landmark for more than 50 years, but the view changed last week. A crew from Electronic Research, Inc., out of Indiana, dropped the western tower June 25 and then scooped up the steel girders and guy-wires and carted them off. “We […]
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
HOUSTON – Jake Rowan Vanlandingham, 7 months, died Monday, March 11, 2013. He was born Aug. 12, 2012, to Barry and Rory Vanlandingham. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Arbor Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Jim Ray officiating. Burial will be at Arbor Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...