HOULKA – Jake Morris Ledbetter Jr., 89, died on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his residence in Houlka. Born Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1925, he was the son of the late Jake Ledbetter and the late Winnie Ledbetter. He was retired from Houston Chemical of Houston, Texas, where he worked for 30 years. Survivors include his […]
Tag Archives | Jake
HOUSTON – The three blinking radio towers of WCPC have been a local landmark for more than 50 years, but the view changed last week. A crew from Electronic Research, Inc., out of Indiana, dropped the western tower June 25 and then scooped up the steel girders and guy-wires and carted them off. “We […]
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
HOUSTON – Jake Rowan Vanlandingham, 7 months, died Monday, March 11, 2013. He was born Aug. 12, 2012, to Barry and Rory Vanlandingham. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Arbor Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Jim Ray officiating. Burial will be at Arbor Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...