HOULKA – Jake Morris Ledbetter Jr., 89, died on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his residence in Houlka. Born Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1925, he was the son of the late Jake Ledbetter and the late Winnie Ledbetter. He was retired from Houston Chemical of Houston, Texas, where he worked for 30 years. Survivors include his […]
Tag Archives | Jake
HOUSTON – The three blinking radio towers of WCPC have been a local landmark for more than 50 years, but the view changed last week. A crew from Electronic Research, Inc., out of Indiana, dropped the western tower June 25 and then scooped up the steel girders and guy-wires and carted them off. “We […]
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
HOUSTON – Jake Rowan Vanlandingham, 7 months, died Monday, March 11, 2013. He was born Aug. 12, 2012, to Barry and Rory Vanlandingham. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Arbor Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Jim Ray officiating. Burial will be at Arbor Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is […]
- Some say it’s hot July 17, 2014
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- Staten meets with city, county July 21, 2014
- Football meetings July 21, 2014
- Young farmers’ plight: State regulations hinder sustainable chicken farm’s sales July 21, 2014
- Houston Solar Car has 160 mile lead July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...