Special to the Chickasaw Journal Teaching history to the next generation is one way of preserving it. The Margery B. Rogers Clark Memorial Scholarship was bestowed on Jacob Ruth and Jade Ruth recently at the eighth annual ceremonies and dinner held recently in Bruce. Jade is the daughter of Gene Ruth and Genia Ruth of […]
Tag Archives | Jacob
HOULKA — They gathered Thursday to pray for their community and the people that will be fed by a garden they have planted in Houlka. Members of the Houlka Church of the Nazarene gathered on approximately two acres last week to see how their garden is growing and talk about what they are really trying […]
JACKSON – The Mississppi Attorney General’s office and the Mississippi Chiefs of Police hosted the fourth annual “Mississippi Fallen Law Enforcement Officer’s Candlelight Vigil” yesterday in Jackson The event was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Statewide Fallen Officers Memorial between the Sillers and Gartin Justice buildings off High Street in downtown Jackson. “Mississippi […]
Carson Harrington Laiche was born on Dec. 16, 2013 at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center to Megan Dickey and Jacob Laiche. He weighed 6-pounds, 7.9-ounces and was 19.5-inches long. Sharing honors as proud grandparents are Lee Ann James of Houlka, Jerry Dickey of Grenada and Kelli and Eric Laiche of Houston.
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
My son graduates from Houston High School tomorrow. I guess it is cliche to say I remember bringing him home from the hospital and softly laying him in that carefully prepared crib. In retrospect, taking care of a newborn baby was the easy part. Turning that young man loose in the world is the part […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center. The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...