HOULKA — They gathered Thursday to pray for their community and the people that will be fed by a garden they have planted in Houlka. Members of the Houlka Church of the Nazarene gathered on approximately two acres last week to see how their garden is growing and talk about what they are really trying […]
Tag Archives | Jacob
JACKSON – The Mississppi Attorney General’s office and the Mississippi Chiefs of Police hosted the fourth annual “Mississippi Fallen Law Enforcement Officer’s Candlelight Vigil” yesterday in Jackson The event was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Statewide Fallen Officers Memorial between the Sillers and Gartin Justice buildings off High Street in downtown Jackson. “Mississippi […]
Carson Harrington Laiche was born on Dec. 16, 2013 at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center to Megan Dickey and Jacob Laiche. He weighed 6-pounds, 7.9-ounces and was 19.5-inches long. Sharing honors as proud grandparents are Lee Ann James of Houlka, Jerry Dickey of Grenada and Kelli and Eric Laiche of Houston.
WEST POINT – Jacob Melvin Garrett, 92, passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born June 23, 1921, in Texas to Hattie McCleskey and Leslie Garrett. He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He moved to Arizona in 1938 and worked for Phelps […]
HOUSTON — Upperclassmen at Houston schools were presented with certificates and honors at Awards Night at the Houston Auditorium Tuesday, May 21. The evening saw local businesses, civic organizations, colleges and families hand out scholarships and accolades to hundreds of students. “The best way I can describe this class is fantastic,” said Houston High School […]
My son graduates from Houston High School tomorrow. I guess it is cliche to say I remember bringing him home from the hospital and softly laying him in that carefully prepared crib. In retrospect, taking care of a newborn baby was the easy part. Turning that young man loose in the world is the part […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston High School Topper Pride band was honored with their annual banquet April 23 at the Civic Center. The band competed at the Mississippi High School Activities Association/Mississippi Bandmaster’s Concert band evaluation in February where they were the only 4A school to score a superior rating in […]
- Hilltoppers fall in first round November 13, 2014
- Murphy graduates MSU November 16, 2014
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- TROPHY ELK November 17, 2014
- Calhoun City National Guard debriefed November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 19, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...