STARKVILLE – Several students from the readership area were candidates for graduation following the spring 2013 term at Mississippi State University. Graduates and their degrees are listed below with recognition for honor graduates. * Kevin Burdine of Houlka, College of Arts and Sciences, MPPA * Denise Crape of Okolona, College of Arts and Sciences, BS […]
Tag Archives | Jackson
NETTLETON – Earlie Leslie Terry, 74, died on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born July 28, 1938, in Houston, he was a son of the late James Alvin and Maggie Bell Jackson Terry. He married Patsy Cooper. Before his retirement, he was a self-employed upholsterer. A loving father […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Toppers started looking toward a repeat trip to Jackson ever since they left as champions in May 2012. And now, they’ll get their chance. The Lady Toppers took three games to finish their best-of-three series with Corinth for North Half, but they got the two wins they needed to secure their […]
HOUSTON – The City of Houston moved one step closer to purchasing a local warehouse with the hope to keep jobs in town and to market the building to other industry. The Houston Board of Aldermen have met several times since early December to hammer out a deal to purchase the Jackson Manufacturing building for […]
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
OKOLONA – Dr. Jerry Woods is the new Superintendent of the Okolona School District following a community interview and vote by the Okolona School Board Sunday afternoon. Woods, currently a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas, brings experience as superintendent at three school districts, a 25-year career in education and a Doctorate of Curriculum […]
TUPELO – Bobbie Sue Butler Burton, 79, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Magnolia Manor of Tupelo, A native of Mize, she had lived in Jackson many years before moving to Tupelo in 2010. She was a member of Daniel Memorial Baptist Church. She was a retired federal employee with 34 years of service with […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Capitol Reporter JACKSON – Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves is proposing to provide state funds to help local school districts place law enforcement officers in schools. Reeves announced the program and another that would report Mississippians with mental competency issues to a national database during a news conference at the state Capitol […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Bruce, MS, Nov. 16, 2014, Greetings, November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...