Special to the Chickasaw Journal COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – In just his second season as a head coach, Northwest Mississippi’s Jack Wright was recognized Tuesday by the NJCAA Football Coaches Association with the Spalding® NJCAA Football Coach of the Year Award. “This is a tremendous honor,” Wright said. “But it’s an honor for our team […]
Tag Archives | Jack
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal OXFORD – Win or lose today in the MHSAA Class 2A state championship game, East Webster coach Doug Wilson will always have a special bond with his 2015 football team, especially 14 of his 16 seniors. “I coached 14 of them in pee wee football,” said Wilson, whose son, Jack, […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal Friday’s Class 2A state championship football game will feature something old and something new from the participating team’s run-oriented offenses. The old is represented by Bassfield’s deceptive and very effective Wing-T offensive attack. “I was a Wing-T guy before I got here,” said Yellow Jackets coach Lance Mancuso. “They were […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal CLINTON – Bassfield will visit Oxford on Friday in search of its fourth-straight state Class 2A football championship. The first three haven’t been close, 35-0 over Eupora, followed by 48-7 and 60-35 over Calhoun City. The Yellow Jackets have outscored four 2015 playoff teams 191-62. East Webster coach Doug Wilson, […]
By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – It was standing-room only at Winter Jam at the BancorpSouth Arena on Thursday night. No advance tickets are sold for the Christian music festival, so fans began lining up early Thursday morning to make sure they had a seat. A few were turned away after more than […]
HOUSTON – Jack Henry Clark Sr., 64, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 17, 1949, in Chickasaw County to Leon Clark and Sarah Elder Clark. He served in the U.S. Marines as a marksman and was a Vietnam veteran. He worked at Arkell Springs for more than […]
HOUSTON – He grew up in Chickasaw County but his music and his message is aimed at an audience that has grown to become the largest concert tour in the world each winter. NewSong drummer Jack Pumphrey was raised in Houston and he will take the stage at Winter Jam in Tupelo Thursday night along […]
OXFORD – Robert Jackson Mullins, infant son of Robert Brian and Leigh Carole Gordon Mullins, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at the Baptist Hospital in Oxford. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Shannon Cemetery with Dr. Roy McHenery and Dr. Eric Boykin officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge […]
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...