By Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – A former Oxford deputy city clerk has been indicted by a Lafayette County grand jury on a charge of embezzlement. Alisa Liggins resigned her position in June 2013 after an investigation indicated irregularities in the handling of justice court receipts in 2012. Liggins, 46, of Oxford, was arrested […]
Tag Archives | investigation
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc police have arrested a Panola man on marijuana charges following a traffic stop Sunday. Pontotoc Police Chief Larry Poole said Christopher Michael Sanford, 41, of Courtland, allegedly committed a traffic violation and was pulled over by police. A search of the vehicle turned up more than seven pound of marijuana. Plastic bags, […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the […]
- When seconds count October 13, 2014
- HOUSTON HOMECOMING QUEEN 2014 October 16, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Art in the Park October 17, 2014
- Crowds pack Cornbread Festival October 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Power of Pink October 20, 2014
- Molly May faces breast cancer head on October 20, 2014
- Pharr/Hollingsworth October 19, 2014
- Hankins/Akins October 19, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...