By Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – A former Oxford deputy city clerk has been indicted by a Lafayette County grand jury on a charge of embezzlement. Alisa Liggins resigned her position in June 2013 after an investigation indicated irregularities in the handling of justice court receipts in 2012. Liggins, 46, of Oxford, was arrested […]
Tag Archives | investigation
PONTOTOC — Pontotoc police have arrested a Panola man on marijuana charges following a traffic stop Sunday. Pontotoc Police Chief Larry Poole said Christopher Michael Sanford, 41, of Courtland, allegedly committed a traffic violation and was pulled over by police. A search of the vehicle turned up more than seven pound of marijuana. Plastic bags, […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...