HOULKA – A stormy night didn’t keep Houlka parents from coming out to learn ways to keep their children safe. HOPE and the School Health Council sponosred a meeting April 14 with Jean Vaughan of the Mississippi Attorney General’s office to discuss Internet safety and how to prevent cyber bullying. “It was a really good […]
Tag Archives | internet
There’s just no way around it. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but they don’t ever stay the same. About ten years ago, I had a house full of kids a lot of the time. My son and my three nephews all traveled together in a pack, much like wolf pups. Depending on […]
HOUSTON/HOULKA – In today’s society, instant communication is prevelant and local school districts are implementing technology that will get their messages out quickly and to the correct audience. The Houston School District is currently setting up a text alert system that will notify parents of activity within the district. The text alert is voluntary and […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts August 18, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....