HOULKA – On one side of the court they were building a lead, on the other, well let’s just say they kept it competitive. Houlka Wildcats hosted Ingomar Falcons on Saturday afternoon at Houlka gym with a good crowd on hand to watch good basketball. The Houlka Boys team is on a tear, winning the […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
NEW ALBANY – Frances Louise Lyons Brown, 88, died Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was born Dec. 24, 1925, to Walter Hollis Lyons and Vera Garrett Lyons of Ingomar. She was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 27, at United […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – A 40,000-gallon tank of fuel exploded at the JNS Biodiesel plant just north of New Albany early Wednesday morning, rattling homes and sending a fireball hundreds of feet into the air, followed by a tornado-like column of smoke that could be seen for miles. No one was […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Pamela Thomas, 47, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at her residence from complications due to a long battle with cancer. An Okolona native, she was born November 23, 1965, to Davis P. and Barbara Louise Howard Henderson. She was a 1983 graduate of Ingomar High School. Raised in the Tupelo, Verona […]
NEW ALBANY – Harry Adair, a true Mississippi basketball coaching legend, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013. He was born in Ingomar on Jan. 30, 1933, to Henry and Dolly Williams Adair. A 1951 graduate of Ingomar High School, he married his high school sweetheart, the former Sarah Waugh, […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
NEW ALBANY – Sarah Virginia Waugh Adair, 78, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, July 23, 2013. She was born in Pontotoc County (Toccopola) on July 30, 1934, to Hayden and Dorothy Turner Waugh. A 1952 graduate of Ingomar High School, she married her high school sweetheart, Harry Adair, in June 1952. […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – After ten long years of planning and preparation, a grand opening date of Aug. 17 has been set for the Tanglefoot recreational trail. Chickasaw Development Foundation Director Joyce East addressed the county board of supervisors July 1 with the news. “It is exciting news,” East said. “Of course, […]
- Saturday shooting sends woman to surgery March 23, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...