HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar
NEW ALBANY – Frances Louise Lyons Brown, 88, died Tuesday, March 25, 2014, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was born Dec. 24, 1925, to Walter Hollis Lyons and Vera Garrett Lyons of Ingomar. She was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 27, at United […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – A 40,000-gallon tank of fuel exploded at the JNS Biodiesel plant just north of New Albany early Wednesday morning, rattling homes and sending a fireball hundreds of feet into the air, followed by a tornado-like column of smoke that could be seen for miles. No one was […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Pamela Thomas, 47, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at her residence from complications due to a long battle with cancer. An Okolona native, she was born November 23, 1965, to Davis P. and Barbara Louise Howard Henderson. She was a 1983 graduate of Ingomar High School. Raised in the Tupelo, Verona […]
NEW ALBANY – Harry Adair, a true Mississippi basketball coaching legend, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013. He was born in Ingomar on Jan. 30, 1933, to Henry and Dolly Williams Adair. A 1951 graduate of Ingomar High School, he married his high school sweetheart, the former Sarah Waugh, […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
NEW ALBANY – Sarah Virginia Waugh Adair, 78, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, July 23, 2013. She was born in Pontotoc County (Toccopola) on July 30, 1934, to Hayden and Dorothy Turner Waugh. A 1952 graduate of Ingomar High School, she married her high school sweetheart, Harry Adair, in June 1952. […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – After ten long years of planning and preparation, a grand opening date of Aug. 17 has been set for the Tanglefoot recreational trail. Chickasaw Development Foundation Director Joyce East addressed the county board of supervisors July 1 with the news. “It is exciting news,” East said. “Of course, […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...