Homeland is special for the Chickasaw people Dear Editor, As governor of the Chickasaw Nation, it is my pleasure to say the warm welcome received during our recent visit to Tupelo brought new meaning to the phrase “there’s no place like home.” We were overwhelmed by the enthusiastic outpouring of genuine good will […]
Tag Archives | Indians
HOUSTON – The name for Chickasaw County did not come about by accident and local historians want to highlight that heritage with a display and possible monument at the Chickasaw County Museum. A contingent traveled to Tupelo Dec. 16 to meet with Chickasaw Nation Gov. Bill Anoatubby who was seeking support for a cultural […]
by NEMS Daily Journal FULTON – Itawamba Community College guard Ty-Nita Baker has been selected to the All-Region XXIII team and MACJC first team All-State. Baker, a sophomore from Houston, was also named to the All-Region tournament team last week for helping the Lady Indians (19-9) claim their first NJCAA Tournament berth since 1975. Baker is […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...