By Scotty Nichols Itawamba Times HOUSTON – The third round of the playoffs isn’t the ideal time to fight through multiple defensive lapses. Itawamba AHS made four errors in Tuesday night’s first inning alone, and Houston made them pay with four quick runs. That early 4-0 deficit would prove to be more than IAHS would […]
Tag Archives | Indians
Homeland is special for the Chickasaw people Dear Editor, As governor of the Chickasaw Nation, it is my pleasure to say the warm welcome received during our recent visit to Tupelo brought new meaning to the phrase “there’s no place like home.” We were overwhelmed by the enthusiastic outpouring of genuine good will […]
HOUSTON – The name for Chickasaw County did not come about by accident and local historians want to highlight that heritage with a display and possible monument at the Chickasaw County Museum. A contingent traveled to Tupelo Dec. 16 to meet with Chickasaw Nation Gov. Bill Anoatubby who was seeking support for a cultural […]
by NEMS Daily Journal FULTON – Itawamba Community College guard Ty-Nita Baker has been selected to the All-Region XXIII team and MACJC first team All-State. Baker, a sophomore from Houston, was also named to the All-Region tournament team last week for helping the Lady Indians (19-9) claim their first NJCAA Tournament berth since 1975. Baker is […]
- EDITORIAL: Let’s go to work! June 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...