Homeland is special for the Chickasaw people Dear Editor, As governor of the Chickasaw Nation, it is my pleasure to say the warm welcome received during our recent visit to Tupelo brought new meaning to the phrase “there’s no place like home.” We were overwhelmed by the enthusiastic outpouring of genuine good will […]
Tag Archives | Indians
HOUSTON – The name for Chickasaw County did not come about by accident and local historians want to highlight that heritage with a display and possible monument at the Chickasaw County Museum. A contingent traveled to Tupelo Dec. 16 to meet with Chickasaw Nation Gov. Bill Anoatubby who was seeking support for a cultural […]
by NEMS Daily Journal FULTON – Itawamba Community College guard Ty-Nita Baker has been selected to the All-Region XXIII team and MACJC first team All-State. Baker, a sophomore from Houston, was also named to the All-Region tournament team last week for helping the Lady Indians (19-9) claim their first NJCAA Tournament berth since 1975. Baker is […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...