HOUSTON – The men and women who fought in the Civil War in Chickasaw County are long gone, but their photographs, letters and history live on at the Chickasaw County Museum. The Museum unveiled its new Civil War display last week and is urging the community to come by and see if they know some […]
Tag Archives | Indian
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is dotted with Indian mounds with the Owl Creek, Bynum and Thelma mounds giving a little insight on how people lived in this area thousands of years ago. The Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society hosted Dr. Janet Rafferty, professor of the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Culture at […]
- City seeks infrastructure funding July 21, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...