HOUSTON – The men and women who fought in the Civil War in Chickasaw County are long gone, but their photographs, letters and history live on at the Chickasaw County Museum. The Museum unveiled its new Civil War display last week and is urging the community to come by and see if they know some […]
Tag Archives | Indian
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is dotted with Indian mounds with the Owl Creek, Bynum and Thelma mounds giving a little insight on how people lived in this area thousands of years ago. The Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society hosted Dr. Janet Rafferty, professor of the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Culture at […]
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Stone/Lewis August 24, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...