HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is dotted with Indian mounds with the Owl Creek, Bynum and Thelma mounds giving a little insight on how people lived in this area thousands of years ago. The Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society hosted Dr. Janet Rafferty, professor of the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Culture at […]
Tag Archives | Indian Mound
HOUSTON – The Indian mounds in Chickasaw County probably raise more questions than they can ever answer. But the Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society will offer some answers at a program set for 7 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum on Woodland Circle in Joe Brigance Park. Historical Society President […]
It’s off the beaten path in rural Chickasaw County, but well worth the trip. Beautiful yards are easily seen in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka, but you have to be going to Gerald and Elise Gray’s house on County Road 28 to enjoy a very large manicured lawn, massive pecan trees, several gardens and an […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- City, CDF discuss Tanglefoot trailhead August 15, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....