Valentine’s Day 2014 has come and gone around the old Voyles house. Our humble abode was not bombarded with hearts, flowers and candy – again. But I’m not complaining. Really, it’s ok. I’ve got a box full of hearts and handmade valentines my son made for me during his elementary school years that still touch […]
Tag Archives | ice
TUPELO – After days of on-again, off-again forecasts of snow and ice in Northeast Mississippi, the National Weather Service in Memphis on Wednesday afternoon canceled the region’s winter storm warning but extended a downgraded statement for several hours. Light snow was reported during daylight hours Wednesday in places as disparate as Oxford, Itawamba County and […]
HOUSTON —With Winter Storm Warnings posted for parts of Mississippi, Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding residents and business owners of the legalities concerning price gouging during a state of emergency. The law says that “the value received for all goods and services sold within the designated emergency impact area shall not exceed the prices […]
MEMPHIS – The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning that covers much of Northeast Mississippi from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 6 p.m. Wednesday. The warning updates an earlier winter storm watch. Counties included in this region are Alcorn, Benton, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Monroe, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union. Forecasters expect […]
While many businesses and service providers in Northeast Mississippi opted to close their doors as snow and ice blanketed the area, many others chose to open later in the day or were unaffected by the weather. Location also played a role in how a business responded. South of Tupelo, there were more closures since the […]
Most school districts across Northeast Mississippi are closed this morning due to the risk of driving on icy roads. With an inch or so of snow having fallen overnight, whatever traffic there is often turns the inch or so of snow that fell overnight into a layer of ice on bridges, overpasses and shaded slopes. […]
I am writing this message on Saturday night, a patient at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. The column will be short this week, because I am scheduled for a procedure to be done on Sunday. I appreciate each and every message I have received from you and always enjoy hearing from you. According to […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...