HOUSTON – The flocks of birds, the herds of deer and the schools of fish are smaller, but the Annual Wild Game Supper at Parkway Baptist Church was the biggest ever. The event drew more than 200 men who packed every table in the building to sit down and eat fish, venison, turkey and all […]
Tag Archives | hunt
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Over the past several hunting seasons, Mississippi deer hunters have harvested some of the largest white-tailed deer on record. Mississippi is beginning to be acknowledged as one of the top white-tailed deer states in the nation. This was highlighted in the June/July 2013 issue of Outdoor Life magazine. Outdoor […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and totals are updated with more than 200 absentee and affidavit ballots cast in Chickasaw County in the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election. HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
I’m not a hunter, never have been, but I know a lot of people who are and it’s just fine with me. No one in my immediate family was big on hunting so I just never learned as a child and now I’m way too lazy to start. However, having been raised in the suburbs […]
HOUSTON – There is only one thing better than hunting Mississippi woods and that is eating what comes out of them. Parkway Baptist Church hosted its Annual Wildgame Supper Saturday night with more than 130 men and boys in attendance to enjoy the bounty of the hunting and fishing season, hear an inspirational message from […]
- Okolona notches academic benchmarks October 2, 2015
- Man shot in arm by 17-year-old girl October 7, 2015
- Proposal would erase Confederate sign from Mississippi flag October 7, 2015
- Houston ranked 3rd in State 4A October 7, 2015
- Aberdeen embracing blues with annual Bukka White Blues Festival October 7, 2015
- Lady Toppers claim District October 8, 2015
- CHASING THE SUN: Houston Solar Car team heads west to Australia October 8, 2015
- Toppers in control October 8, 2015
- Volunteers spruce up Tanglefoot Trail October 8, 2015
- Houlka teacher waives probable cause hearing October 8, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...