HOUSTON – The flocks of birds, the herds of deer and the schools of fish are smaller, but the Annual Wild Game Supper at Parkway Baptist Church was the biggest ever. The event drew more than 200 men who packed every table in the building to sit down and eat fish, venison, turkey and all […]
Tag Archives | hunt
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Over the past several hunting seasons, Mississippi deer hunters have harvested some of the largest white-tailed deer on record. Mississippi is beginning to be acknowledged as one of the top white-tailed deer states in the nation. This was highlighted in the June/July 2013 issue of Outdoor Life magazine. Outdoor […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and totals are updated with more than 200 absentee and affidavit ballots cast in Chickasaw County in the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election. HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
I’m not a hunter, never have been, but I know a lot of people who are and it’s just fine with me. No one in my immediate family was big on hunting so I just never learned as a child and now I’m way too lazy to start. However, having been raised in the suburbs […]
HOUSTON – There is only one thing better than hunting Mississippi woods and that is eating what comes out of them. Parkway Baptist Church hosted its Annual Wildgame Supper Saturday night with more than 130 men and boys in attendance to enjoy the bounty of the hunting and fishing season, hear an inspirational message from […]
- High school state test scores released November 18, 2015
- Topper hoopers fall to Bulldogs November 20, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....