Special to the Chickasaw Journal Over the past several hunting seasons, Mississippi deer hunters have harvested some of the largest white-tailed deer on record. Mississippi is beginning to be acknowledged as one of the top white-tailed deer states in the nation. This was highlighted in the June/July 2013 issue of Outdoor Life magazine. Outdoor […]
Tag Archives | hunt
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and totals are updated with more than 200 absentee and affidavit ballots cast in Chickasaw County in the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election. HOUSTON – Incumbent Senator Thad Cochran may have won the election but he did not win Chickasaw County in mid-term elections last week and a three-man Houston […]
HOUSTON – Alligators have their place in this world, but not on the side of the highway in Anchor. The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks was called to a ditch running under Highway 15 south of Houston Tuesday afternoon after a big alligator was spotted basking on the east side of the highway. […]
I had just started changing the oil on my car Saturday and glanced toward my garden at the bottom of the hill. Water was gushing out of a faucet down there that is used to water tomatoes and peas in a warmer season. It seems the cold weather last week broke the brass fitting on […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
I’m not a hunter, never have been, but I know a lot of people who are and it’s just fine with me. No one in my immediate family was big on hunting so I just never learned as a child and now I’m way too lazy to start. However, having been raised in the suburbs […]
HOUSTON – There is only one thing better than hunting Mississippi woods and that is eating what comes out of them. Parkway Baptist Church hosted its Annual Wildgame Supper Saturday night with more than 130 men and boys in attendance to enjoy the bounty of the hunting and fishing season, hear an inspirational message from […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...