HOUSTON – A student with a thought-out plan is a student destined to do great things. Houston High School will host a meeting for students and parents March 31 and will discuss curriculum changes and graduation options for high school students. “We have never done this before and we have a lot of big […]
Tag Archives | Houston High School
Patricia and Hart Beatty and Ed and Valarie Earnest, of Woodland, are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Jordan Claire Earnest to James Tyler Morgan of Sturgis. Miss Earnest is a graduate of Houston High School, Itawamba Community College and a 2010 graduate of Mississippi State University. She is a science […]
TUPELO – Ruth Louise Colbert McCollum, 75, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 29, 1938 to R. A. Colbert and Lesbya Davis Colbert in Trebloc. She was a graduate of Houston High School. She retired as hotel manager at Holliday Terrace. She loved her pets […]
HOUSTON – After more than two months of study and deliberation the Houston Board of Trustees has voted to establish guidelines for prayer and religious activities at school. Trustees voted 4-0 to establish the rules and regulations under a policy heading of “student religious liberties,” at their Oct. 15 meeting. The motion was made […]
My name is Parashay Hamilton and I am a senior at Houston High School. I’m in a lot of different clubs and organizations but one of the organizations that I’m most active in is the Topper TV Committee. I’ve been on Topper TV since my freshman year of high school and I love putting the […]
By Cody Voyles, Hometown Correspondent MOUNT HOPE, W. Va. – As a local Scout, I will no doubt share the memories of my experience at National Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve with my kids and grandkids. This camp has been the best place a Scout can be. From the high adventure activities to […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School graduate, Haleigh Sanders, can add one more honor to her list from graduation – the annual Franklin Corporation scholarship. Sanders is a 2013 graduate, ranking 14th in her class and earning honors distinction. She is also a member of the HHS Anchor Club and Beta Club. Sanders is the recipient […]
PONTOTOC – Nettie Ware, 75, died Friday, May 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. She was born Jan. 14, 1938, in Pontotoc to J.T. and Dovie Catherine Burrage. She graduated from Houston High School and Draughon’s Business College. She was a faithful member of Harrisburg Baptist Church, where she taught […]
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- September Circuit Court holds 60 cases September 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested on marijuana charges September 26, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football capsules September 26, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...