HOUSTON – A student with a thought-out plan is a student destined to do great things. Houston High School will host a meeting for students and parents March 31 and will discuss curriculum changes and graduation options for high school students. “We have never done this before and we have a lot of big […]
Tag Archives | Houston High School
Patricia and Hart Beatty and Ed and Valarie Earnest, of Woodland, are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Jordan Claire Earnest to James Tyler Morgan of Sturgis. Miss Earnest is a graduate of Houston High School, Itawamba Community College and a 2010 graduate of Mississippi State University. She is a science […]
TUPELO – Ruth Louise Colbert McCollum, 75, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 29, 1938 to R. A. Colbert and Lesbya Davis Colbert in Trebloc. She was a graduate of Houston High School. She retired as hotel manager at Holliday Terrace. She loved her pets […]
HOUSTON – After more than two months of study and deliberation the Houston Board of Trustees has voted to establish guidelines for prayer and religious activities at school. Trustees voted 4-0 to establish the rules and regulations under a policy heading of “student religious liberties,” at their Oct. 15 meeting. The motion was made […]
My name is Parashay Hamilton and I am a senior at Houston High School. I’m in a lot of different clubs and organizations but one of the organizations that I’m most active in is the Topper TV Committee. I’ve been on Topper TV since my freshman year of high school and I love putting the […]
By Cody Voyles, Hometown Correspondent MOUNT HOPE, W. Va. – As a local Scout, I will no doubt share the memories of my experience at National Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve with my kids and grandkids. This camp has been the best place a Scout can be. From the high adventure activities to […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School graduate, Haleigh Sanders, can add one more honor to her list from graduation – the annual Franklin Corporation scholarship. Sanders is a 2013 graduate, ranking 14th in her class and earning honors distinction. She is also a member of the HHS Anchor Club and Beta Club. Sanders is the recipient […]
PONTOTOC – Nettie Ware, 75, died Friday, May 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. She was born Jan. 14, 1938, in Pontotoc to J.T. and Dovie Catherine Burrage. She graduated from Houston High School and Draughon’s Business College. She was a faithful member of Harrisburg Baptist Church, where she taught […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...