HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
Tag Archives | hospital
Rad and Betty Clark marked 60 years of marriage on Sept. 18, 2013 at Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene in Chickasaw County. The couple had initially planned for a celebration, but Rad’s health did not allow it. Rad married Betty Ray, Sept. 18, 1953 in Kennett, Mo. They have one son David Gene […]
The gowns, masks, surgical instruments and newspaper clippings about the old Houston Hospital on display at the Chickasaw County Museum will come down at the end of January. The exhibit was created for the opening of the Museum at 304 Woodland Circle in Joe Brigance Park in September and was an immediate hit. The artifacts […]
HOUSTON – These kids rode around and around and around and around and around the parking lot and they raised over $6,000 to help kids just like them. Houston First Baptist Church hosted its annual St. Jude Trike-A-Thon Wednesday morning with 63 kids peddling laps on the parking lot on bicycles, tricycles, Big-Wheels and scooters. […]
HOUSTON – A single car accident Saturday seriously injured a Pontotoc man, prompting him to be airlifted to Tupelo. Houston police, fire and ambulance crews were dispatched to the western end of Jamison Street at 8:34 p.m. Saturday after a neighbor heard the crash and called 911. “When we got on the scene we found […]
HOUSTON – Hospitals are the site of many noteworthy events from births to miraculous recoveries, but some of the stories can and some of the stories can’t be told. The Chickasaw County Museum has collected a number of news stories and medical artifacts from the old Houston Hospital and put them on display for the […]
HOUSTON – Trace Regional Hospital is a top performer in the six-hospital SunLink Health system and was recently rewarded with a $1 million gift of equipment from the parent company. “It’s like Christmas to us,” said Marianne Johnson, a Trace Regional employee. “Patients don’t always recognize when we get new equipment, but we see […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal CALHOUN CITY – The Calhoun County man involved in a Jan. 10 fatal shooting has been released from the hospital and is waiting to see if charges will be pressed against him. It is still not clear what led to Wayne Therman Harris allegedly shooting Chris McGonagill at a […]
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Witnesses recount horror of Nettleton shootout April 17, 2014
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- Gwendolyn Shipp April 17, 2014
- Wolves start week clean April 17, 2014
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Lady Toppers wrestle Gators April 18, 2014
- Authorities search for driver of drug car April 18, 2014
- Jamie Guin April 18, 2014
- Cameron Eddie April 18, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...