By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – People going to vote on Tuesday comfortable that they know the poll workers and will not need a government-issued photo identification to cast a ballot better think again. In response to a request from the secretary of state’s office, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has issued […]
Tag Archives | Hosemann
Cochran out of touch Dear Editor, The Cochran campaign’s explanation of Kay Webber’s role and activities as a D.C. staff member is perfectly reasonable and, for my part, unnecessary. What is of greater interest to me as a constituent and GOP voter is that her home was repeatedly listed in legal documents as his primary […]
JACKSON – Almost 50 cities have failed to certify election results with the Secretary of State’s office, including more than a dozen from Northeast Mississippi. State law requires cities to submit certified election results to the Secretary of State’s Office within five days of the general election, which for the general election was June 11. […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors September 23, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...