Dr. and Mrs. Albert Victor Horn, of Houston, Miss., are pleased to announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Laura Catherine, to Justin Tyler Jones, son of Mr. and Mrs. James Terry Jones of Taylorsville, Miss. Miss Horn is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lester White of DeKalb and Mr. Albert Horn […]
Tag Archives | Horn
SHANNON – Hazel Jean Kennedy Grammer, 79, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at her residence in Shannon after an extended illness. She was born in Tishomingo County on Dec. 3, 1934, to Willie Dexter and Virdie Lorena Stanley Kennedy. She worked for 32 years as a nurse’s aide for North Mississippi Medical Center where she […]
PHEBA – The 13 Hebron Christian School graduates have been taught for 12 years how to read, write and do arithmetic and they were challenged Friday night to make their world a better place for all. Ceremonies held at the school gymnasium saw Valedictorian Craig Wade, Salutatorian Subrina Oswalt and Hebron School Trustee Victor Horn […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, President of the United States, champion for education as the strength of democracy and advocate for a free press and freedom of religion. He also had a spirit of excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership and a heart to give back to America. It is for […]
HOUSTON – Nine years ago Dr. Victor Horn opened a simple free clinic with the goal that it offer quality care and be free to those is served. Horn, and a staff of volunteers who now operate the clinic one Saturday a month at First Baptist Church of Houston, have been named the recipients […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
HOUSTON – Jesse Voyles, 82, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 31, 1930, in Calhoun County to Parker Luther Voyles and Stacey Virgie Mitchell Voyles. He was an Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW and a Baptist. He was a man who […]
HOUSTON – Roam Boutique is that special little place that offers that special little touch to today’s fashion conscious customer. The store specializes in young contemporary and women’s fashion apparel and accessories. They also offer gift item such as pottery and Arthur Court tableware. They have a bridal registry, too. A quick trip inside instantly […]
HOUSTON – Donna Dale Frye Fuller, 57, died Thursday, June 6, 2013. She was born Aug. 13, 1955 in Lowndes County to Denver Jackson Frye and Sally Faye Belle Frye. She was a member of Pineview Mission Church. Services were at 10 a.m. Sunday, June 9, at Deweese Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...