TUPELO – Several students from Houston and Okolona High Schools were honored recently at the annual Career-Technical Scholars luncheon at the Itawamba Community College campus in Tupelo. The event honors secondary and post-secondary students who scored an 80-precent or higher on state tests required for their specific career and technical programs. Students who were presented […]
Tag Archives | hopson
OKOLONA – The volunteers, churches and civic organizations that work every day to make Okolona a better place for all were honored at the Okolona Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. The 80th annual banquet saw the National Guard Armory packed March 27 and attendees enjoyed a meal, entertainment and an evening of celebration. Keynote speaker […]
OKOLONA – Ruby Stean “”Lut”” Miller Hopson, 55, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at her residence. She was born Oct. 6, 1958, to Henry Miller and Mary Price Miller. She was a member of Poplar Springs CME Church and the Chancel Choir. She was a former employee of North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be […]
OHS seniors complete semester projects OKOLONA – For seniors at Okolona High School, the last semester of school was no time to slack off in Ms. Genevieve Turkett’s class. Turkett, in her first year at OHS, assigned a semester-long senior project and students showed off their creations and the results of their reserach May 8 […]
- Making the grade December 12, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Board hears report on HUES December 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston, Mississippi December 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Change December 18, 2014
- Houston considering fire chief December 18, 2014
- Tupelo man killed in Tuesday morning wreck December 17, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...