HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the Honor Roll for the first nine weeks. Freshmen Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Melik Lawrence, Harley Nabors, Anekein Rish and Alex Springer Principal’s List Luis Aju, Bryan Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Drake Dendy, Trey Griggs, Kayla Mims, Timothy Monts, Hunter Moore, Hayden Powell, Chandre Raines, Megan Reed, […]
Tag Archives | honor
PHEBA – Hebron Christian School has released the honor roll for the first nine weeks. Kindergarten Principal’s List Macy Aycock, Calleith Davis, Cooper Grimes, Jessie Hamblin, Ethan Sappington and Johnny Vance A/B Honor Roll Chandler Cliett First Grade A/B Honor Roll Levi Cantrell, Kayla Crowley, Hallie Edwards and Cason Moss Second Grade A/B Honor Roll […]
VARDAMAN – Vardaman High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Seventh Grade Principal’s List Abbey Casey, Mary Grace Davis, Oakley Edington, Jackson Harrell, Carlie Higginbotham, Anna Lucius and Mina Lucius. Seventh Grade Regular List Tsilvian Caulder, Jayla Culpepper, Ethan Edmondson, Andrew Griffin, Marisol Lopez, Clayton Miller, Nora-Blake Parker, Maria Pina, Hayden […]
The GFWC-MFWC Lanier Club of Okolona will once again sponsor “Wreaths Across America” for the Odd Fellows Cemetery. The club will sell wreaths for $15 each through Nov. 20 in honor or in memory of military veterans and active service personnel. The wreaths will then be placed on veteran’s graves in the Odd Fellows Cemetery […]
Veterans in Chickasaw County will not lack for programs and ceremonies of honor on Nov. 11. Houston, Houlka and Okolona will all hold events to mark the national holiday. Okolona – Parade line-up is at 8:30 a.m. in front of Okolona Elementary School and the parade begins at 9 a.m. Veterans will be treated to […]
BOONEVILLE – 105 Northeast Mississippi Community College students have been nominated to Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges. Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges is a national honors program. Each year, Northeast nominates students who exemplify outstanding participation and leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and community service. Qualifications for selection include […]
HOUSTON – Dr. Herman K. Smith will pause on July 4 and remember a different day and a different time and place. “We came ashore on Utah Beach on July 4, 1944,” said Smith a retired dentist from Houston. “It was about a month after D-Day and everything was still torn up and the front […]
OKOLONA – Okolona Elementary School has released the honor rolls for the fourth nine weeks, semester and academic year. Fourth Nine Weeks Kindergarten All A’s David Bowens, JoAnn Carter, Sanaa Chandler, MiChia Crowley, JaBrean Crump, Markeria Hampton, Ashanti Hill, Zoey Huggins, Jameeah Isbell, George Jenkins, Jakiyah Johnson, Serenity King, Carter Kirk, Carlissa Lathan, Jadynce […]
HOUSTON – There is a right way to do things in this world. The Houston Pilot Club, VFW Post 7149 and American Legion Post 95 helped dispose of a massive garrison or Holiday Flag at their annual flag retirement ceremony at Joe Brigance Park on Flag Day June 15. “Etiquette says you are not to […]
BLUE MOUNTAIN – Kelsey Danielle Nelson of Vardaman has been invited to join the Pi Tau chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the National Biological Honor Society, at Blue Mountain College. Beta Beta Beta is a society for students dedicated to improving the understanding and appreciation of biological study and extending boundaries of human knowledge through […]
HOUSTON – As America moves faster and farther from many of the principles of its founding fathers, there are still people who hold onto honor, pride, patriotism and tradition. Members of the Houston Pilot Club, VFW and American Legion have invited the community to gather at Joe Brigance Park at 5 p.m., June 14 for […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...