The Clay County Sheriff’s Department Investigators have charged Brittania Smith, 24, of 904 Hillside Park, West Point with capital murder. Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott said the arrest stemmed from the death of her 2-month-old infant, Brinston Smith. Scott said authorities were notified on Monday, April 7 by the Mississippi Crime Lab that the infant […]
Tag Archives | homicide
HOUSTON – A Circuit Court docket that held 91 cases at the first of 2013 has been whittled down to 63 during the final term of court this year. Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on […]
WOODLAND – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a domestic dispute that apparently turned into a homicide about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night. Authorities were called to an accident on Highway 15 south of Houston and found a black male deceased and have taken a black female into custody. Investigators are not releasing the names […]
HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
HOUSTON – Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill at his home east of town over the weekend. The state crime lab has finished their initial investigation and has said Bevill died from multiple stab wounds and that he suffered defensive type […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
- Aldermen approve water meter bonds March 20, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...