Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
Tag Archives | Hollingsworth
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
HOUSTON – The community’s giant Independence Day celebration is just over a month away and the entertainment has been finalized. Houston Homecoming is set for June 28 on the Square in downtown Houston and a wide variety of musical talent has been lined up to entertain the crowd. “At any community event, it’s the music […]
HOUSTON – Houston Upper Elementary School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Third Grade Superintendent’s List Mallory Grace Kendall and Carrie McKenzie Bivens. Third Grade Principal’s List Breeanah N Bell, Laura-Ann Vydelia Gann, Zaccheus M Hatchett, Ashlyn Marie Hollingsworth, Amber LaKedra McIntosh, Ayana Kierston Petit, Jaylee Michelle Sullivan, Andrew Alexander Hall […]
WEST POINT — James “Jim” Jolly, 41, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at his home in West Point of a sudden illness. Jolly was born in West Point and later moved to Dallas, Texas where he operated a construction company and window blind business. An avid outdoorsman, Jolly loved to hunt and fish. He […]
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
HOUSTON – These kids rode around and around and around and around and around the parking lot and they raised over $6,000 to help kids just like them. Houston First Baptist Church hosted its annual St. Jude Trike-A-Thon Wednesday morning with 63 kids peddling laps on the parking lot on bicycles, tricycles, Big-Wheels and scooters. […]
WEST POINT — Waymond Will “Bill” Reid age 87, passed away Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Starkville Manor Nursing Home, in Starkville. Bill Reid was born August 21, 1925, in Pheba, to the late Quay Reid and Ventrice Montgomery Reid. Bill Reid often said “God made man to work, so I am happy to work.” […]
HOUSTON – Good food and good fellowship for a good cause are the focus of a Boy Scout fundraiser set for next week. The Pushmataha Council of Boy Scouts of America will host its annual fundraiser and meal at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, in the Training Room of the Houston Fire Department in downtown […]
HOUSTON – Nellie Mae Streeter, 88, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013. She was born Jan. 22, 1925, in Fouke, Ark., to Webb McCormick and Lydia McFerrin McCormick. She was a well-known nurse and known for her fried apple pies and butter roll. She was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...