By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Tony Cook doesn’t know everyone in Houston, but he does have Hilltopper roots. Houston’s next superintendent will take office in July and will bring his family to the town where he grew up. Cook graduated from Houston High School in 1982 and went on to graduate from […]
Tag Archives | Hilltopper
HOUSTON – Two former Houston Hilltopper football stars have used two years at Itawamba Community College to springboard them to the next level. Sharone Wright and Anfernee brand recently came home to Houston to ink their NCAA Letters of Intent and announce they will play at Mississippi College next year. “MC has a good program […]
HOUSTON – It’s a hard, rough game that requires protection and padding. The Houston Hilltopper football team held their first practice in pads Friday night as part of the annual Midnight Madness celebration that saw the team blocking and tackling under the lights at Topper Field. The community showed up to watch the team run […]
HOUSTON – As the tassel was moved so was a lifetime memory for 99 Houston High School graduates. Formal graduation ceremonies were brought to a close at Hilltopper Field Thursday, May 22 as graduates of the Class of 2104 moved the tassel on their caps across their face to signify they were now high school […]
HOUSTON – Alex Springer has been competing in pageants since she was a first grader, but winning the title of Miss Hilltopper Saturday night has thrilled this high school freshman. And to make the crown even more exciting, she won it on her birthday. “I was born and raised in Houston and I competed in […]
HOUSTON – “What is a Hilltopper?” Houston High School co-valedictorian Trey Franklin posed the question to guests at the May 23 graduation ceremony and offered some possible answers. Franklin said a Hilltopper is one who, when knocked down 99 times, will rise 100 times. He traced some of the local and national adversities faced by […]
By Avery Springer Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In July of 2004, a group of sweaty, round-faced little girls stepped offf a softball field undefeated, proud and confident. We were World Series champions and a little cocky to say the least. I though we had conqured the world. Little did I know at […]
- CEMETERY WALK: Chickasaw County history to come alive May 23 May 17, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houston heads to state championship May 20, 2015
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...