By Brandon Speck Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – Houston is playing in its first state championship baseball series in school history. The Hilltoppers (28-9) completed a Class 4A North finals sweep of Lafayette Thursday night with a 5-1 win on the road, a road that now leads to Trustmark Park. The Hilltoppers take […]
Tag Archives | Hillhouse
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Houston is headed to the first state championship baseball series in school history. The Hilltoppers (28-9) completed a Class 4A North finals sweep of Lafayette on Thursday night with a 5-1 win on the road, a road that now leads to Trustmark Park to take on today’s Game 3 winner […]
By Josh Hill Special to Chickasaw Journal The Houston Hilltoppers seemed to have hit their stride with a back-and-forth style that has allowed them to advance to the Mississippi High School Activities Assocation North Half semifinals this week. The Hilltoppers proved they could get the job done over Itawamba AHS in a two-out-three contest […]
By Scotty Nichols Itawamba Times HOUSTON – The third round of the playoffs isn’t the ideal time to fight through multiple defensive lapses. Itawamba AHS made four errors in Tuesday night’s first inning alone, and Houston made them pay with four quick runs. That early 4-0 deficit would prove to be more than IAHS would […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Tupelo’s pitching ran out of gas, and the Houston Hilltoppers were more than happy to zoom past for a road win. With key hits by Zach Poteete and Reid Carter, Houston accounted for four runs in the top of the seventh against five Tupelo pitchers […]
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Hillhouse of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Lakin Jade Hillhouse, to Christopher David Upshaw, son of Mr. and Mrs. Brett Upshaw of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Barney and Lozelle Lowrey of Houston and Berdell Hillhouse and the late Jimmy Hillhouse of Okolona. She is […]
HOUSTON – Daniel L. “Dan” Allen, 89, passed away Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in McCondy Community of Chickasaw County on Aug. 23, 1924, to Hal Neal Allen Sr. and Kate Brand Allen. He graduated from McCondy and Egypt Schools. He was a member […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal HOUSTON – Houston coach Scott Gann says second baseman Garrison Howell is a junior who leads and plays like a senior. Howell stepped up in a monumental way Tuesday when he belted a two-out, two-run, opposite-field double in the bottom of the sixth inning to help the Hilltoppers rally to […]
The Hilltoppers staged a 0-2 rally and Mother Nature took care of the rest in Houston’s 4-2 win in five innings over Ripley April 24. The Tigers held a 2-0 lead through the top of the fifth and that’s when the Toppers made their move. Houston’s Reid Carter singled over shortstop and Clay Hillhouse sent […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel RIPLEY – Houston Hilltoppers coach Scott Gann has preached taking advantage of others team’s misfortunes all season. That message came in handy Friday in Game 2 of their Class 4A best-of-three play-in series against the Ripley Tigers. Houston scored three of their four runs on three Ripley errors and Hilltoppers […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born in Shannon on Aug. 18, 1930, to Ray Wood Patterson and Annie Mae Mills Patterson. He was a lifelong resident of Chickasaw County where he attended Egypt and Okolona public schools. He continued his […]
- Toppers headed to 4A finals May 15, 2015
- ICC names freshmen band members May 19, 2015
- Pratt, Echoles sign with MDCC May 19, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...