HOUSTON – An eastbound vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed slammed into the back of a 18-wheeler on Highway 8 east of Houston shortly before noon, killing the driver of the car. Witnesses said a white, 2011 Kia Optima passed them at a very high speed and apparently ran into the back […]
Tag Archives | Highway 8
Special to the Chickasaw Journal One person is dead and another seriously injured in a three-vehicle accident Monday morning in Calhoun County. According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Darlene Farmer, 37, of Coffeeville, was traveling west on Highway 8 in a 2007 Chevrolet pickup at about 8:30 a.m. when she attempted to pass another vehicle. […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Fire Department and county units were dispatched to a fire on the east side of the Natchez Trace exit on Highway 8 and found a double-wide trailer fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene. The fire was reported by a passing motorist and fire crews were dispatched at […]
HOUSTON – Houston Mayor Stacy W. Parker said the location of a bridge dedicated to late Rep. William E. “Billy” Bowles was indicative of Bowles’ vision for his community and state. Parker said the Highway 15 bridge, which rises over Highway 8 east of Houston is, “overseeing progress to come.” Bowles was District 22 state […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...