By Dennis Seid Daily Journal TUPELO – United Furniture Industries was the winning bidder for the former Lane Furniture Industries plant in Verona, and hopes to be building furniture inside the plant by next spring. United offered $1.45 million for the 475,000-square-foot facility, along with 90 acres in the Tupelo Lee Industrial Park South. Doug […]
Tag Archives | Heritage
By Dennis Seid Daily Journal VERONA – United Furniture Industries and McCormick Drive LLC have bid on a former Lane Furniture Industries facility. The companies have offered to buy Lane’s former office and warehouse facility in Verona, according to a bankruptcy filing by FBI Wind Down Inc. United Furniture has a large manufacturing plant in […]
HOUSTON – Pretty plants have grown in this part of Mississippi for eons and the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum is seeking to landscape its property with native flowers and bushes. The Museum is asking the community to contact them and then bring by those bushes, flowers and seeds so they can plant them around museum […]
Homeland is special for the Chickasaw people Dear Editor, As governor of the Chickasaw Nation, it is my pleasure to say the warm welcome received during our recent visit to Tupelo brought new meaning to the phrase “there’s no place like home.” We were overwhelmed by the enthusiastic outpouring of genuine good will […]
The gowns, masks, surgical instruments and newspaper clippings about the old Houston Hospital on display at the Chickasaw County Museum will come down at the end of January. The exhibit was created for the opening of the Museum at 304 Woodland Circle in Joe Brigance Park in September and was an immediate hit. The artifacts […]
Daily Journal Furniture Brands International has a new owner, new name and a new chief executive. KPS Capital Partners bought bankrupt Furniture Brands for $280 million on Friday, and on Monday it renamed the company Heritage Home Group. Also, former CEO Ralph Scozzafava is out, as is former Lane Furniture Industries president Dan Masters. Lane […]
HOUSTON – Genetic data and technology won’t help you find out about your relatives, but it can help tell you where they came from and who they are kin to. Dr. Henry Outlaw, retired professor of chemistry at Delta State University, spoke at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum last week about ways to use this […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...