HOUSTON – Henry Foley Brown, 63, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born March 16, 1951, in Meridian to Gaines Andrew Brown Sr. and Mary B. Moore Brown. He was a train master for Kansas City Southern Railroad for 39 years and a member of First Baptist Church […]
Tag Archives | henry
OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts […]
HOULKA – Jake Morris Ledbetter Jr., 89, died on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at his residence in Houlka. Born Wednesday, Jan. 14, 1925, he was the son of the late Jake Ledbetter and the late Winnie Ledbetter. He was retired from Houston Chemical of Houston, Texas, where he worked for 30 years. Survivors include his […]
PHEBA – John Warren “J.W.” Henry Jr., 57, died Friday, Dec. 27, 2013, at his home in Pheba. Graveside Services will be 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at Cedar Bluff Cumberland Presbyterian Cemetery in Cedar Bluff. Complete arrangements will be announced later by Calvert Funeral Home of West Point. Memorials may be made to St. […]
PHEBA – Bobbie Lou Harpole Sizemore, 78, passed away, on Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Dec. 19, 1934, in Hatcher to Jeffie Henry Harpole and Robert Harpole. She was a beautician and had worked for Monte Glove, Moody Trailer, West Point Coca Cola and […]
JACKSON – Robert Henry Ford, 82, died Monday, Nov. 11, 2013, at Harmony Court Assisted Living in Jackson. He was born July 26, 1931, in Gholson to James Thomas Ford and Mary Alice Strength Ford. He was retired from the Army and was a Korean War veteran. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. […]
BRUCE – William David Bray, 75, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc. He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church. Services […]
HOUSTON – Genetic data and technology won’t help you find out about your relatives, but it can help tell you where they came from and who they are kin to. Dr. Henry Outlaw, retired professor of chemistry at Delta State University, spoke at the Chickasaw County Heritage Museum last week about ways to use this […]
MANTEE – Henry Thomas Vaughn, 70, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at White Hill Baptist Church in Webster County. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to […]
God control, not gun control Dear Editor, As we enter the new year we can’t get Sandy Hook out of our mind and therefore there seems to be no way to distance ourselves from the old year. We simply wait for the next mass murder, each one wanting to out-do the others. Gun control isn’t […]
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Stone/Lewis August 24, 2014
- SILVER ALERT: Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 24, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...