OXFORD – University of Mississippi student Hayden Hendrix of Maben was among 127 students inducted into the UM chapter of Phi Kappa Phi in a campus ceremony April 10 at the Gertrude C. Ford Center for the Performing Arts. Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is the university’s highest academic honor across all disciplines. Hendrix is […]
Tag Archives | Hendrix
SHERMAN – Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, died Friday, May 9, 2014, at her residence in Sherman. She was born Feb. 2, 1936, in Okolona to Ernest Carl Ballard and Mary Inez Willis Ballard. She lived in the Dallas, Texas, area many years before returning to her native Northeast Mississippi 32 years ago. Her working […]
WOODLAND – Bobby R. Dobbins, 73, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at his home in Woodland. He was born Sept. 29, 1940, in House, Miss., to Woodrow Wilson Dobbins and Audrey Mae Wilkerson Dobbins. He was a retired 35- year professional truck driver for Miller Transport. He and his wife, Jewell, celebrate their 54th wedding […]
OXFORD – Billy John Hendrix, 74, died Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 at his niece’s home in Oxford. He was born Oct. 28, 1939, to James Walter Hendrix and Gladys Holmes Hendrix. He was married to Peggy Lewis Hendrix, who preceded him in death. He worked for Futorian Furniture in Okolona for 40 years. Services will […]
- Supervisors name officers for 2015 January 19, 2015
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- Howell, Carter ink with NE January 23, 2015
- United Furniture gears up for February opening in Verona January 23, 2015
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...