OXFORD – University of Mississippi student Hayden Hendrix of Maben was among 127 students inducted into the UM chapter of Phi Kappa Phi in a campus ceremony April 10 at the Gertrude C. Ford Center for the Performing Arts. Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is the university’s highest academic honor across all disciplines. Hendrix is […]
Tag Archives | Hendrix
SHERMAN – Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, died Friday, May 9, 2014, at her residence in Sherman. She was born Feb. 2, 1936, in Okolona to Ernest Carl Ballard and Mary Inez Willis Ballard. She lived in the Dallas, Texas, area many years before returning to her native Northeast Mississippi 32 years ago. Her working […]
WOODLAND – Bobby R. Dobbins, 73, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at his home in Woodland. He was born Sept. 29, 1940, in House, Miss., to Woodrow Wilson Dobbins and Audrey Mae Wilkerson Dobbins. He was a retired 35- year professional truck driver for Miller Transport. He and his wife, Jewell, celebrate their 54th wedding […]
OXFORD – Billy John Hendrix, 74, died Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 at his niece’s home in Oxford. He was born Oct. 28, 1939, to James Walter Hendrix and Gladys Holmes Hendrix. He was married to Peggy Lewis Hendrix, who preceded him in death. He worked for Futorian Furniture in Okolona for 40 years. Services will […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...