I am the father of four boys and the youngest is trying to get his driver’s license. At age 54, if the mother of my children came to me and said she was pregnant I would probably fall through the floor. I know the hurdles of raising children. I know the demands of a baby. […]
Tag Archives | help
Some furniture companies in Northeast Mississippi said they’re able to offer jobs to some of the Lane Furniture Industry workers who will be losing theirs in the next few weeks. On Wednesday, Heritage Home Group, the parent of Lane, announced a company-wide restructuring that would lead to 480 layoffs at Lane’s Saltillo plant by March […]
HOUSTON – Charles Smith sees art in just about everything – especially kids. The Brandon artist hosted his second showing in Houston recently as part of the Regional Global Network Holiday Gala. He plans to come back to Houston and teach the finer points of art to youth in the community. “My art means […]
HOUSTON — There are lot of needs this Christmas and most of them can be filled when a person has a job. The WIN Job Center hosted a Christmas Open House recently to show local leaders and the public what it can offer 12 months out of the year to help someone find the right […]
Houston is asking to renegotiate its 911 contract with Chickasaw County, as well it should. Houston is the only municipality in the county that is paying to support this vital communication service to everyone who pays a phone bill. And Houston taxpayers are supporting the county’s 911 system to the tune of $100,000 a year. […]
The Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facilty is seeking sponsors to provide gift bags to inmates this holiday season. Churches, civic groups and individuals are asked to help provide small gift bags containing n Clear shampoo n Clear stick deodorant n White tennis socks, full length n Hard candy, 30 count The CCRCF has approximately 430 […]
• First Baptist Church Houston will host its annual Singing Christmas Tree at 6:30 on Dec. 14 and 15. The music will be performed by Kantangello and the Kidz Praise Choirs. • The Parkway Baptist Sanctuary Choir will perform the Christmas musical/drama, “The Christmas Offering,” at 10:15 a.m, Dec. 15. • Houston First United Methodist Church […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
As most of us ponder what we will get or give for Christmas, we would like to ask our readers to step back and think about those doing without this holiday season. There are many who have been hit hard by the recent economic downturn. There are always many who have been given a bad […]
The following Christmas musicals will be presented at local churches today. The public is urged to attend. – Gospel Hurricane Christmas celebration will be held Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. at Alpha and Omega Transformational Ministries in Houston. – Children’s Choir at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston will perform, “Christmas in Black and White,” Dec. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Scott and Pam Samuell have seen what addiction is doing to people in their community. “We have seen so many people in Chickasaw County with problems and they just don’t know how to handle them or who to turn to,” said Scott Samuell, pastor of Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene. “That’s […]
VARDAMAN — This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a local girl with her eye on a career in nursing, but she needs a little help. Jade Ruth, of Vardaman, has qualified to attend Careers in Medicine, a national youth leadership forum to be held at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore this summer and […]
Applications for Project Noel/Angel Tree are currently available at the Salvation Army Service Center in Houston. Applications are open for children ages 1-12 and those applying must schedule an interview for processing. Applicants should bring: • Photo I.D. • Birth certificate for every member of the home • Proof of all income • Proof of […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation gathered last week to adopt a new mission statement. The nay-sayers may scoff at the words on paper and say it doesn’t mean much. We beg to differ. The key to building a community – or anything in this world – is first to have a plan and then to […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Eighty-two Toppers move tassel May 28, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...