HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
Tag Archives | Hays
OKOLONA – Charles “”Buddy”” Hays, 65, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at his residence in Okolona. He was born July 9, 1948, to Romie and Flora Weeks Hays. He was a member of Union Chapel Baptist Church. He was a graduate of Shannon High School and continued his education at Itawamba Community College and Mississippi […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died unexpectedly Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her residence in Okolona. She was born Oct. 18, 1926, in Shannon to James Franklin Hays and Hattie Barnes Hays. Upon graduating from Guntown High School, she furthered her education at Wood Junior College in Mathiston. She worked as a quality inspector […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her home in Okolona. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at the First Baptist Church in Okolona. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. A full obituary will be released […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- BOO Bash October 31, 2014
- Sweet Potato Festival set for Saturday October 31, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...