HATTIESBURG – Kristen Dupard and Jeremy Moore, students at The University of Southern Mississippi, have been selected to attend the 2015 Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU), set for March 6-8 at the University of Miami. Established in 2007, CGI University challenges college students to address global issues with practical, innovative solutions. Participants take concrete steps […]
Tag Archives | Hattiesburg
HOUSTON – A Hattiesburg architect has been hired by the Houston School Board of Trustees to assist the district with issues to fix the leaking roof at the Houston School of Science and Technology. Trustees hired the firm of Landry & Lewis P.A. To work with the district to assess the current roof, determine what […]
CALHOUN CITY – Gwendolyn Killingsworth Shipp, 86, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Calhoun Health Service Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Greenville to A.K. Killingsworth and Octa Culp Killingsworth. She was a homemaker and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a charter member of […]
Mr. and Mrs. Eric Laiche of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Jessica Carmon Laiche, to Carter Graham Holland, son of Dr. and Mrs. John Holland of Hattiesburg, Miss. Miss Laiche is a graduate of Houston High School and will receive a Bachelor of Food Science degree in Nutrition and Health […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal WOODLAND – Woodland may be small in population and area but it is big on heart and helping hands. The community has always been close-knit and looks out for their own and now they are growing the next generation of service-oriented residents right at home. Mayor Patti Watkins had hopes […]
VARDAMAN – Freddie Hugh Carter, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at his home. He was born June 13, 1948, in Houston to Clara Carter. He was a former employee of the city of Hattiesburg. He was disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. […]
Tornadoes that swept through Hattiesburg and the University of Mississippi campus Sunday did devastating damage and has displaced many. While no lives were lost, there was significant destruction to homes and property and that has prompted the Salvation Army to issue an appeal for donations. “We are in need of donations to support our response […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...