By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – New Houston School District Superintendent Tony Cook told teachers on their first day back in school he wanted to see “Topper Pride” recognized and rewarded in Houston Schools once again. And with that he named Karen Cook, Ag Sciences teacher at the Houston School of Science and […]
Tag Archives | Harrison
Special to the Chickasaw Journal FULTON – Scholarship recipients at Itawamba Community College for 2014 include Amber Buchanan of Okolona, Leadership; Conner Pate Davidson of Houlka, ACT Achievement Incentive, Leadership; Jonathan Duncan of Houlka, ACT Special Achievement Incentive; Adrian Dillon Harrison of Houston, ACT Achievement; Tatayana Hughes of Houston, ACT Regular Incentive, Leadership; Jessica […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nathan Bryan Harrison, 66, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 21, 1948, in Grenada to Calvin Dee and Julia Brown Harrison. After graduating from Calhoun City High School in 1966, he attended drafting school in Atlanta, Ga. He was a retired businessman. He was the co-founder […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
BIG CREEK – Robert Calvin “Bobby” Harrison, 67, died Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Feb. 2, 1946, in Grenada to Calvin Dee Harrison and Julia Brown Harrison. He was a self-employed upholster and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. He was a member of the […]
CALHOUN CITY – James Andy Harrison, 69, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. He was born Nov. 4, 1943, in Derma to William Bryan Harrison and Mattie Gertrude Cook Harrison He was a retired asphalt and paving foreman, and later retired from the furniture business. He was a member of […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...