By Floyd Ingram and Brandon Speck Chickasaw Journal PEARL – Houston fans will always believe Reid Carter was safe at third in Game Two of the 2015 4A Championship. The aggressive base-running that is a Hilltopper trademark and a winning strategy much of the season, showed its darkside as Houston was nipped in both […]
Tag Archives | Hancock
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal PEARL – If the throw had been bobbled even for a split second, Garrison Howell would have been safe and would have likely later tied the game. It wasn’t bobbled. He wasn’t safe. And Houston lost its Class 4A series opener 3-2 to St. Stanislaus on Wednesday at Trustmark Park. […]
By Brandon Speck Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – Houston is playing in its first state championship baseball series in school history. The Hilltoppers (28-9) completed a Class 4A North finals sweep of Lafayette Thursday night with a 5-1 win on the road, a road that now leads to Trustmark Park. The Hilltoppers take […]
By Josh Hill Special to Chickasaw Journal The Houston Hilltoppers seemed to have hit their stride with a back-and-forth style that has allowed them to advance to the Mississippi High School Activities Assocation North Half semifinals this week. The Hilltoppers proved they could get the job done over Itawamba AHS in a two-out-three contest […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HOUSTON – Zack Poteete became a hero without a hit, but his bat has Houston one win away from a trip to the Class 4A state baseball championships after a 2-1 win over Lafayette. Tied at a run apiece in the eighth inning of Tuesday’s North championship series opener, the […]
HOUSTON – Two Houston athletes have been named to the top of their class by the Mississippi Elite Underclassmen Showcase by BSN Sports. The 2014 Most Valuable Players selected by coaches and scouts are: • Luke Hancock, Houston, Class of 2018. • Tanner Smith, Houston, Class of 2017. • Jacob Wilcher, Kossuth, Class of 2016. […]
HOUSTON – Two local student athletes made a trip to Atlanta, Ga., recently for the World Wood Bat National Championship and they were in good company. Houston’s Luke Hancock and Tanner Smith joined over 3,500 players from 184 teams in the pool-play tournament. The boys play with the P360 Elite 15U team based out of […]
HOULKA –Onita S. Hancock, 84, died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at her home in Houlka. She was born March 15, 1929, to Edward Smith and Bertha Pettit Smith. She was a retired seamstress for the Indianapolis Glove Factory and for Meadow Sports Wear. She was a member of Houston Church of God. Services are Tuesday, […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...