Special to the Chickasaw Journal By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Halloween fun usually ends at sundown and then the trouble starts, so Houston Police are reminding parents they are responsible for their children’s action on Saturday. “We want the younger kids to have fun, but parents need to […]
Tag Archives | Halloween
Expect to encounter a witch or two in downtown Houston Friday as the Chickasaw Development Foundation and Houston Business Group will once again host BOO Bash. Businesses in Houston will start treating kids in costumes with candy beginning 5 p.m. and the celebration will last until about 6:30 or until the candy runs out. Downtown […]
HOUSTON – Omarian Hammond, 6, dressed at the Hulk and collected a hulking bucket of candy at the Spooktacular Boo Bash held Thursday night on the Square in Houston. “I did pretty good,” said Hammond. “I visited every store. It was fun.” Boo Bash was sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation who partnered with downtown […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with businesses, merchants and church organizations, are sponsoring a night of fun Oct. 31 for children, but priority one is safety and that comes from organization. “Obviously we want the children to have fun, but ultimately safety is our number one concern,” said CDF Executive Director Joyce East. The […]
I have noticed a lot of toilet paper in the trees around Houston this fall. The paper is way up high in some of those trees and probably couldn’t have blown up there. The lower branches are heavily draped and it’s obvious that paper didn’t simply fall from the sky My guess is birds flying […]
HOUSTON – Halloween in Houston will have a new activity for children, parents and the public in general. Chickasaw Development Foundation is sponsoring a Spooktacular Boo Bash and partnering with local businesses and merchants to offer a family-friendly evening on the Courthouse Square. The event begins at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating around the square and […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with area businesses and organized groups, are partnering to bring the children and youth of Houston a “bootiful” night of fun on the Square Oct. 31. Local merchants, business owners and members of Houston First United Methodist Church will be offering candy and treats and children are encouraged to enter […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...