Expect to encounter a witch or two in downtown Houston Friday as the Chickasaw Development Foundation and Houston Business Group will once again host BOO Bash. Businesses in Houston will start treating kids in costumes with candy beginning 5 p.m. and the celebration will last until about 6:30 or until the candy runs out. Downtown […]
Tag Archives | Halloween
HOUSTON – Omarian Hammond, 6, dressed at the Hulk and collected a hulking bucket of candy at the Spooktacular Boo Bash held Thursday night on the Square in Houston. “I did pretty good,” said Hammond. “I visited every store. It was fun.” Boo Bash was sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation who partnered with downtown […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with businesses, merchants and church organizations, are sponsoring a night of fun Oct. 31 for children, but priority one is safety and that comes from organization. “Obviously we want the children to have fun, but ultimately safety is our number one concern,” said CDF Executive Director Joyce East. The […]
I have noticed a lot of toilet paper in the trees around Houston this fall. The paper is way up high in some of those trees and probably couldn’t have blown up there. The lower branches are heavily draped and it’s obvious that paper didn’t simply fall from the sky My guess is birds flying […]
HOUSTON – Halloween in Houston will have a new activity for children, parents and the public in general. Chickasaw Development Foundation is sponsoring a Spooktacular Boo Bash and partnering with local businesses and merchants to offer a family-friendly evening on the Courthouse Square. The event begins at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating around the square and […]
The Chickasaw Development Foundation, along with area businesses and organized groups, are partnering to bring the children and youth of Houston a “bootiful” night of fun on the Square Oct. 31. Local merchants, business owners and members of Houston First United Methodist Church will be offering candy and treats and children are encouraged to enter […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...