Pleasing Mother was my goal in life. She wanted me to play basketball, so I suffered six years of basketball. She wanted me to go to college – no passion of mine, but I wanted to please, so I entered college in 1965 – the first in my family to do so. My high […]
Tag Archives | Hair
Grandmother was a wise old sage, but often could be a bit eccentric. One of the joys of her life was a peke-a-poo dog named Harry. That was an appropriate name because Harry was just that, “hairy.” He had long, smooth hair from his nose to his tail and that was the problem. Harry had […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
HOUSTON – Thirty-seven graduates of Houston High School received their diploma in 1949 and while life has carried them far away, their heart still calls them home once a year. The Class of 1949 celebrated their 63rd annual reunion recently with the group gathering at Bridges-Hall manor in Houston to catch up on family news […]
Dress Code Policies 2013 HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL * Shoes must be worn at all times. House shoes are not permitted. Shoelaces must be in shoes that reqauire them. * Hats, caps other headgear and sunglasses are not to be worn to school * Tube tops, halters, tank tops (spaghetti straps), bare or exposed midriffs, backless […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Wave Lengths is your classic hometown salon complete with people who know your name, know your style and it is run by people who know their business. The hair salon is just off the Square on West Hamilton and has been run by Leigh Ann Howell in the same location for the […]
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...