Grandmother was a wise old sage, but often could be a bit eccentric. One of the joys of her life was a peke-a-poo dog named Harry. That was an appropriate name because Harry was just that, “hairy.” He had long, smooth hair from his nose to his tail and that was the problem. Harry had […]
Tag Archives | Hair
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
HOUSTON – Thirty-seven graduates of Houston High School received their diploma in 1949 and while life has carried them far away, their heart still calls them home once a year. The Class of 1949 celebrated their 63rd annual reunion recently with the group gathering at Bridges-Hall manor in Houston to catch up on family news […]
Dress Code Policies 2013 HOUSTON HIGH SCHOOL * Shoes must be worn at all times. House shoes are not permitted. Shoelaces must be in shoes that reqauire them. * Hats, caps other headgear and sunglasses are not to be worn to school * Tube tops, halters, tank tops (spaghetti straps), bare or exposed midriffs, backless […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
HOUSTON – Wave Lengths is your classic hometown salon complete with people who know your name, know your style and it is run by people who know their business. The hair salon is just off the Square on West Hamilton and has been run by Leigh Ann Howell in the same location for the […]
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...