OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
Tag Archives | guilty
WOODLAND – Lue E. Jennings, 79, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at Care Center of Aberdeen after a lengthy illness. She was born Nov. 6,1933, in Marks to Willie Guilty and Virgie Harell Guilty. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, at New Hope M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial will be […]
HOUSTON – Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on the docket. There were no jury trials this term with six cases retired to the files and 21 guilty pleas accepted by Circuit Court Judges Andrew Howorth […]
ABERDEEN, Miss. (AP) — Federal court records indicate that a man charged in a north Mississippi drug case plans to plead guilty. A change of plea hearing is scheduled Aug. 29 in U.S. District Court in Aberdeen for Denorris Howell. Howell was indicted in November along with several others and charged with conspiring to distribute […]
HOUSTON – Justice Court Judge Earnest Cunningham found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson guilty of three of four misdemeanor charges in an eight hour trial Monday. Robertson was found guilty of driving under the influence, speeding and disorderly conduct and will pay a fine of $600 plus court cost. Robertson was found not guilty […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – A special judge Monday found Okolona Assistant Police Chief Ramona Robertson guilty on three counts and dismissed a fourth. Judge Ernest Cunningham, from Marshall County, fined Robertson $600 plus court costs after hearing testimony all day surrounding her Dec. 7, 2012, arrest by the Mississippi Highway […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Wildfire alert February 1, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...