This is the summer shopping season and the time of year when people shop for their home, school children and spend a little extra money on a night out or weekend get-together. And this is also the time of year when community-oriented newspapers urge you to shop at home. We all know the reason for […]
Tag Archives | growth
It’s summer and it’s time for things to grow. We think that also applies to local businesses, industry and service professions in Chickasaw County. We at the Chickasaw Journal are quick to point out we don’t have the expertise, data or credentials to say exactly what you need to make your business grow or when […]
Defining quality of life is difficult, but following planning and zoning ordinances is one way to get there. The complexity of Houston’s ordinances and zoning regulations is not any different from the intricate and involved rules and city laws found in Okolona or Tupelo. Few people know all the details. The best residents can hope […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
HOUSTON – In the garden of economic development a community has to have water to make industrial, commercial and residential property bloom. The Houston Board of Aldermen was handed a breakdown of proposed water rate increases to be spread over industrial, residential and commercial customers by Mayor Stacey Parker at the city’s regular first-Tuesday meeting […]
OKOLONA – They have a plan and they voted last week to work that plan to bring more businesses and industry to town. The Okolona Chamber of Commerce held its annual business meeting Dec. 3, with chamber executives giving a quick look at the past 12 months and outlining plans for the new year. “We […]
As downtowns in many small communities slowly dry up, we want to encourage people to look at our downtown area and recognize how fortunate Houston is. The Courthouse Square was designed and built before all of us were born. The idea was to put a grand structure in the center of town that would be […]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...