OKOLONA – Alvie Dow “Bunt” Griggs Jr., 85, died Sunday, April 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 25, 1928, in Chickasaw County to Alvie Dow Griggs Sr. and Flora Hulsey Griggs. He served in the U.S. Army as a private first class during the Korean War. He […]
Tag Archives | Griggs
HOUSTON – Tracy Lee Voyles Sr., 44, died Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014, in Clay County. He was born Oct. 9, 1969 in Tupelo to Jesse Luther Voyles and Louise Crowley Voyles. He was a member of Houston Church of God and a member of Houston Lodge 67. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. […]
Fourteen members of the Houston cross-country team made the trip to Clinton for State meet Nov. 9, with Paige Griffin and Trey Griggs recording the best times for the team in the girl’s and boy’s divisions. Griffin finished the girl’s 4K in 19:23 while Griggs completed the boy’s 5K in 19:55. Houston’s girls placed 14th […]
WEST POINT – Douglas R. “Buddy” Griggs, 65, passed away Friday, June 28, 2013, at USA Medical Center, in Mobile, Ala. He was born Jan. 20, 1948, in Monroe County, to Odele Garrett Griggs and Rufus Woodrow Griggs. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and was presently attending Strong United Methodist Church […]
ABERDEEN – Charles Ervin Poss, 74, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 17, 1939, in Una in Clay County, to Walter Howard Poss and Raine Barnes Poss. He had lived in Aberdeen for the past 56 years. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed fishing, gardening, listening to gospel music, […]
Alivia Annemarie Griggs Samantha and Marvin Griggs Jr. of Okolona are delighted to announce the birth of their daughter, Alivia Annemarie Griggs. She was born on January 31, 2013 at Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center and weighed six pounds, 13.2 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Proud grandparents are Judy and Sid Knight of Van […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...