BELDEN – State senator and former Greenwood city councilman David L. Jordan will present “From the Mississippi Cotton Fields to the State Senate,” his memoir, at 2 p.m., Sept. 10, at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center. Admission is free. Jordan will recount his story which includes life as the youngest of five children in […]
Tag Archives | Greenwood
BIG CREEK – Ralph David Martin, 71, of Big Creek, was called home Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Grenada Lake Medical Center in Grenada. He was born Oct. 7, 1942, in Yazoo City. He was the son of William Reed Martin and Hattie Mae Mulvihill Martin. He was a member of Carrolton Baptist Church. He […]
ABERDEEN – Jessie Mae Reel died Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. She was born July 1, 1957, in Attala County to L.D. and Josie Rockett Anderson. She accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior at an early age and joined Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Goodman. She later joined Robbs Chapel […]
Class 6A North South Panola 45, NW Rankin 3 Starkville 14, Grenada 7 Madison Central 35, DeSoto Central 13 Tupelo 20, Warren Central 17 South Brandon 44, Harrison Central 17 Meridian 49, Gulfport 46 Oak Grove 38, Hattiesburg 6 Petal 28, D’Iberville 21 Class 5A North Oxford 50, […]
NEENAH, Wis. – Ashes of William Bolick were placed in Poplar Springs cemetery in Calhoun County in June along with a family marker. William grew up in Greenwood and Jackson, and he received his Master’s degree in psychology from Ole Miss. He taught psychology at Millsaps College in Jackson, and in the 60′s he moved […]
WEST POINT – Elizabeth Poss, 96, passed away Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home. She was born Nov. 5, 1916, in Houston to Cyntha Andrews and Bob Dendy. She was a member of Siloam Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today at the Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- BOO Bash October 31, 2014
- Sweet Potato Festival set for Saturday October 31, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...