Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Alford of Houston are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Haley Dianne Peel, to Mr. Brandon Gray Hardin of Belzoni. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Peel and the late Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Alford of Houston. A 2000 graduate of Houston […]
Tag Archives | Gray
WEST POINT – Doretha K. Fairchild, 89, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She born July 8, 1924, in Clay County to Flora Perkins and Thomas Wilson Keller. She was a homemaker and attended Bible Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today, Jan. 29, at […]
CALHOUN CITY – Clayteen Gray died Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014, at Calhoun Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal OXFORD – A federal jury determined this week the town of Bruce should pay $18,000 to a black public works employee after not promoting him based on his race. A two-day trial led to Roderick Keith Gray receiving damages from the town of Bruce, which did not hire the longtime […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is dotted with Indian mounds with the Owl Creek, Bynum and Thelma mounds giving a little insight on how people lived in this area thousands of years ago. The Chickasaw County Historical & Genealogical Society hosted Dr. Janet Rafferty, professor of the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Culture at […]
BIG CREEK – Francis William Havens, 67, died Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 21, 1945, in Grenada County to Carl Edward Havens and Dessie Gray Havens. He was a maintenance worker for Weyerhauser and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church. Survivors include his wife, Brenda […]
It’s off the beaten path in rural Chickasaw County, but well worth the trip. Beautiful yards are easily seen in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka, but you have to be going to Gerald and Elise Gray’s house on County Road 28 to enjoy a very large manicured lawn, massive pecan trees, several gardens and an […]
FULTON/TUPELO – Scholarship recipients at Itawamba Community College for 2013 include Alexandra Belk of Houston, Academic, Leadership; Jacob Bridgman of Houston, Activity/Incentive, Leadership, Solar Car; Marquintez Gates of Houston, Leadership; Chelsea Anne Gray of Houston, Leadership; Alex Harmon of Houston, Academic, Special Achievement, Leadership; Jesse H. Kelly of Houlka, ACT Achievement Incentive, Leadership; Taylor Blake […]
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Witnesses recount horror of Nettleton shootout April 17, 2014
- Toppers host Knights Friday April 17, 2014
- Gwendolyn Shipp April 17, 2014
- Wolves start week clean April 17, 2014
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Lady Toppers wrestle Gators April 18, 2014
- Authorities search for driver of drug car April 18, 2014
- Jamie Guin April 18, 2014
- Cameron Eddie April 18, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...