Graduating from high school is a milestone for many students. Graduation also marks the beginning of a new and exciting endeavor – college. Getting ready for college and deciding which schools you want to attend can be an overwhelming process. To help prepare you, consider attending a college fair. A local college fair gives students […]
Tag Archives | Graduation
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
HOUSTON – “What is a Hilltopper?” Houston High School co-valedictorian Trey Franklin posed the question to guests at the May 23 graduation ceremony and offered some possible answers. Franklin said a Hilltopper is one who, when knocked down 99 times, will rise 100 times. He traced some of the local and national adversities faced by […]
VARDAMAN – Thirty-three students stepped across the stage, shook principal Paul Porter Casey’s hand a accepted their diploma from Vardaman High School at 2013 graduation ceremonies. Parents, faculty, students and the entire community gathered at Vardaman High School Gymnasium Saturday afternoon to see a number of honors, awards and diplomas handed to seniors. The ceremony […]
HOULKA – “As a whole, we are supposed to stand together,” said Houlka High School Salutatorian about the lessons her class has learned through the past 12 years. “We will take the lessons high school has taught us and touch other people’s lives.” 36 graduates walked for diplomas May 24 in the Houlka Gymnasium and […]
My son graduates from Houston High School tomorrow. I guess it is cliche to say I remember bringing him home from the hospital and softly laying him in that carefully prepared crib. In retrospect, taking care of a newborn baby was the easy part. Turning that young man loose in the world is the part […]
By Lisa Voyles and Lisa Bryant Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – “God has a plan for us all,” said Chloe Tapley as she addressed her classmates at Hebron Christian School one last time. Tapley served as Valedictorian for the Class of 2013 during graduation ceremonies held May 10 at the school in Pheba. she reminded […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...