FULTON/TUPELO – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2013 fall semester at Itawamba Community College. They include: Houlka – James F. Staton, A.A.; Kimberly M. Washington, certificate Houston – Aja L. Hooper, A.A. Okolona – Austin R. […]
Tag Archives | Graduation
Graduating from high school is a milestone for many students. Graduation also marks the beginning of a new and exciting endeavor – college. Getting ready for college and deciding which schools you want to attend can be an overwhelming process. To help prepare you, consider attending a college fair. A local college fair gives students […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
HOUSTON – “What is a Hilltopper?” Houston High School co-valedictorian Trey Franklin posed the question to guests at the May 23 graduation ceremony and offered some possible answers. Franklin said a Hilltopper is one who, when knocked down 99 times, will rise 100 times. He traced some of the local and national adversities faced by […]
VARDAMAN – Thirty-three students stepped across the stage, shook principal Paul Porter Casey’s hand a accepted their diploma from Vardaman High School at 2013 graduation ceremonies. Parents, faculty, students and the entire community gathered at Vardaman High School Gymnasium Saturday afternoon to see a number of honors, awards and diplomas handed to seniors. The ceremony […]
HOULKA – “As a whole, we are supposed to stand together,” said Houlka High School Salutatorian about the lessons her class has learned through the past 12 years. “We will take the lessons high school has taught us and touch other people’s lives.” 36 graduates walked for diplomas May 24 in the Houlka Gymnasium and […]
My son graduates from Houston High School tomorrow. I guess it is cliche to say I remember bringing him home from the hospital and softly laying him in that carefully prepared crib. In retrospect, taking care of a newborn baby was the easy part. Turning that young man loose in the world is the part […]
By Lisa Voyles and Lisa Bryant Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – “God has a plan for us all,” said Chloe Tapley as she addressed her classmates at Hebron Christian School one last time. Tapley served as Valedictorian for the Class of 2013 during graduation ceremonies held May 10 at the school in Pheba. she reminded […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...