FULTON – Pittsboro native Adam Gore, who is beginning his fifth year at Itawamba Community College, has been named director of Sports Information. Gore succeeds Will Kollmeyer, who will join the SEC Network as a broadcaster for Ole Miss Athletics, later this month. “To say that Will’s leaving big shoes to fill is an understatement, […]
Tag Archives | Gore
CHICKASAW COUNTY – When Pasty Gore went 10-7 on Monday, it marked 23 years of always being the person people from across the county could call for help. Gore formally retired as Chickasaw County 911 director June 30 and a community-wide reception will be held at Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility from 2-4 p.m. July […]
Ms. Michelle Dubuisson of Oxford and Mr. and Mrs. Lee Rogers of Thaxton, announce the engagement of their daughter, Amanda Michelle Rogers, to Adam Zachary, son of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Hamblin and Mr. and Mrs. Tim Zachary, all of Houlka. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Jerry and Betty Rogers of Okolona and Frankie […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in the community – […]
Eric Matthew and Laurie Gore Wissman of Germantown, Tenn., are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Ava Morgan Wissman, on March 24, 2014, at 11:03 a.m. at Methodist Germantown Hospital. She weighed six-pounds, 15-ounces and was 19.75 inches long. Sharing honors as grandparents are Jimmy and Betty Gore of Houston and Mike and […]
TUPELO – Mildred Kitchen Gore, 87, died Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a brief illness. She was born May 14, 1926, to Richard Alvin and Vernie Gault Kitchen. A lifelong Lee Countian, she was a homemaker and a member of Faith Assembly of God where she enjoyed her ladies group […]
Kimberly Bingham of Booneville and Marlon and Julie Bingham of Booneville announce the engagement of their daughter, Jacki-Lea Whitley Bingham, to Caleb Lamar Alford, son of Jimmy and Amy Alford of Woodland. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Louise Whitley and the late Mr. William Thomas Whitley, Ms. Lakue Bingham and Mr. Thirmon Bingham […]
Stephanie Paige Staggs and James Hunter Gore were married at 4 p.m. on Sept. 8, 2012 at Van Vleet United Methodist Church. The bride is the daughter of Bruce and Linda Staggs of Van Vleet. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Lancaster of Van Vleet and Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Staggs of […]
Jauris Alford TUPELO – Jauris Wyndle Alford, 76, formerly of Derma, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. He was born March 4, 1937, in Chickasaw County to Eurbane Alford and Clara Gore Alford. He was a retired self-employed upholster and a member of New Hope Church of […]
GORE SPRINGS – Martha V. Pittman, 84, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at her home in Gore Springs. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Bradford Chapel Baptist Church in Calhoun County. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of the arrangements. A complete obituary will […]
- Governor signs concealed carry bills April 11, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days this week April 16, 2015
- Got a green thumb? April 16, 2015
- Indictments served in West Point Huddle House assault April 16, 2015
- Houlka Spring Market is April 18 April 16, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Discrimination cuts one way April 18, 2015
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Eye and ears April 17, 2015
- Okolona honors movers-and-shakers April 17, 2015
- Teaching safety April 17, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...