GORE SPRINGS – Dennis Earl Smith, 61, formerly of Cascilla, died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, at Cascilla Baptist Church in Cascilla. Burial will be in the New Smith Cemetery in Cascilla. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements. Visitation […]
Tag Archives | Gore Springs
GORE SPRINGS – Eva Barbara Williams Marter, 82, died Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Grace Health and Rehab in Grenada. She was born April 9, 1931, in Bolivar County to Douglas Williams and Etosian Allday Williams. She was a retired Walmart receptionist and a member of Gore Springs Baptist Church. Survivors include one daughter, Sheri […]
CLEVELAND – John Edward Peacock, 42, died on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, in Jackson. He was born on July 14, 1971, to James Sr. and Shirley McCollum Peacock in Shelby. He was a 1989 Cleveland High School graduate. He also attended Mississippi Delta Community College and Delta State University. He was a self-employed handyman/carpenter. He […]
GORE SPRINGS – Hugh Anderson Hamilton, 69, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home. He was born July 23, 1944, in Calhoun County to Hugh Gaston Hamilton and Ruby Hardin Hamilton. He was a retired insurance salesman and a member of New Providence Baptist Church. Survivors include two sons, Paul Bryan Swanson (Vicki) Hamilton […]
GORE SPRINGS – Virginia Lynn “Ivy” Winter, 50, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at her residence. She was born July 24, 1962, in Bruce, to L. Ivy and Bulin Timms Ivy. She was a homemaker. Service is at 10 a.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Truman Scarbrough officiating. Interment is at Bruce […]
GRENADA – Ronald Wayne “Ronnie” Clanton, 61, formerly of Calhoun City, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at Grenada Lake Medical Center. He was born Sept. 1, 1951, in Eupora to Braxton Clanton and Ruth Beck Clanton. He was a retired finn press machine operator for Heatcraft and a member of Bradford Chapel Baptist Church. He […]
GORE SPRINGS – Terry Lee Young, 58, passed away Friday,March 22, 2013, at his home. Graveside services are at 3 p.m. Sunday at Ebenezer Cemetery in Eupora. Visitation is 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Wise Funeral Home in Eupora.
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...