GORE SPRINGS – Dennis Earl Smith, 61, formerly of Cascilla, died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at his home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, at Cascilla Baptist Church in Cascilla. Burial will be in the New Smith Cemetery in Cascilla. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements. Visitation […]
Tag Archives | Gore Springs
GORE SPRINGS – Eva Barbara Williams Marter, 82, died Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Grace Health and Rehab in Grenada. She was born April 9, 1931, in Bolivar County to Douglas Williams and Etosian Allday Williams. She was a retired Walmart receptionist and a member of Gore Springs Baptist Church. Survivors include one daughter, Sheri […]
CLEVELAND – John Edward Peacock, 42, died on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, in Jackson. He was born on July 14, 1971, to James Sr. and Shirley McCollum Peacock in Shelby. He was a 1989 Cleveland High School graduate. He also attended Mississippi Delta Community College and Delta State University. He was a self-employed handyman/carpenter. He […]
GORE SPRINGS – Hugh Anderson Hamilton, 69, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home. He was born July 23, 1944, in Calhoun County to Hugh Gaston Hamilton and Ruby Hardin Hamilton. He was a retired insurance salesman and a member of New Providence Baptist Church. Survivors include two sons, Paul Bryan Swanson (Vicki) Hamilton […]
GORE SPRINGS – Virginia Lynn “Ivy” Winter, 50, died Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at her residence. She was born July 24, 1962, in Bruce, to L. Ivy and Bulin Timms Ivy. She was a homemaker. Service is at 10 a.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Truman Scarbrough officiating. Interment is at Bruce […]
GRENADA – Ronald Wayne “Ronnie” Clanton, 61, formerly of Calhoun City, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at Grenada Lake Medical Center. He was born Sept. 1, 1951, in Eupora to Braxton Clanton and Ruth Beck Clanton. He was a retired finn press machine operator for Heatcraft and a member of Bradford Chapel Baptist Church. He […]
GORE SPRINGS – Terry Lee Young, 58, passed away Friday,March 22, 2013, at his home. Graveside services are at 3 p.m. Sunday at Ebenezer Cemetery in Eupora. Visitation is 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Wise Funeral Home in Eupora.
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jennifer Westmoreland February 1, 2015
- Wildfire alert February 1, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...