Joan and Patrick Gordon of Dekar, Senegal, West Africa, announce the arrival of their son, James William, born Dec. 3 in Los Alamitos, Calif. James William tipped the scales at 7-pounds, 15-ounces. Proud grandparents are Willy and Didi Topacio of Cernitos, Calif and Judy and Jim Gordon of Houston.
Tag Archives | Gordon
Dear Editor, As a parent of children enrolled in the Houston School District, I must take issue with the recent action of the Houston School Board to non-renew the contract of our Superintendent, Dr. Steve Coker. I attended the “special called meeting” of the School Board along with many other concerned citizens that join me […]
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County has a dog ordinance designed to help property owners keep dangerous dogs off their property, but there is a process that must be followed. Kim Gordon, of Traceview Estates, said she has repeatedly reported what she deemed dangerous dogs running loose in her neighborhood and approached the Chickasaw County Board of […]
Kenneth Robert Marquis Jr. and Suzanne Marquis of Houston are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Mary Alisha Suzanne Marquis (Ali), to Jonathan Michael Gordon, son of Robert Eugene Gordon and Deanne Alice Gordon of the Hurricane Community. Ali is a 2010 graduate of Houston High School and is currently earning her Bachelor […]
PITTSBORO – Donald Gordon Cook, 79, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence in Pittsboro. He was born on May 8, 1935, in Bruce. He was retired from Pontotoc Electric Power Association and a member of Mt. Comfort Baptist Church. He was an avid hunter. He Loved hunting with hounds. He was one […]
EGYPT — An accident shortly before noon Thursday on U.S. Highway 45A near Egypt sent a local man to the hospital and blocked traffic for several hours. Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said an 18-wheeler attempted to drive around a tractor towing hay and apparently clipped the tractor. The impact flipped […]
ABERDEEN – Cynthia Terrell Gordon, 78, died Monday, Feb. 17, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. She was born March 5, 1935, to the late Mex Terrell and Willie Jackson. She lived in Chicago for 15 years before returning home to Aberdeen. She was a Mother at Zion Temple Church of God of Prophecy […]
WEST POINT – Gordon Stewart “Smokey” Pettit, 73, passed away on Monday, Oct. 14, 2013, at his home in West Point. He was born Feb. 19, 1940, in Houston to Syble Iris Walters Pettit and Perry James Pettit. He was a “B” fitter-welder for Babcock & Wilcox Company for 33 years. He was of the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Stanley and Sue Ard of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Brittany Lee, to Chad Ellis Brown, son of John Brown III of Hamilton, Miss., and Rhonda Lawson of New Albany. Brittany is the granddaughter of the late Loyd and Mary Lee Eaton of Houston and […]
OXFORD – Robert Jackson Mullins, infant son of Robert Brian and Leigh Carole Gordon Mullins, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at the Baptist Hospital in Oxford. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Shannon Cemetery with Dr. Roy McHenery and Dr. Eric Boykin officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- UPDATED WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...