HOULKA – Gerald Young plowed mules as a boy. That’s why he loves tractors so much. “My daddy bought a tractor in 1964 and it changed my life,” said Young. “Tractors didn’t make farming fun, but they sure make it a lot easier.” Young was one of more than a dozen antique tractor enthusiasist who […]
Tag Archives | Gerald
HOULKA – Gerald Morris Fortner, 56, died suddenly Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 9, 1957, in Chickasaw County to John and Hollen Fortner, and he was a lifelong resident of Houlka. He was a longtime manager of T.M. Parks Sales and Drilling in Houlka, where […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
MONTPELIER – Gerald N. Moore, 79, passed away, on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Valley Station, Ky., to Lillian Vaughn and Walter Moore. He was a retired U.S. Marine master gunnery sergeant with 24 years and six months of service. He served […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....