HOULKA – Gerald Young plowed mules as a boy. That’s why he loves tractors so much. “My daddy bought a tractor in 1964 and it changed my life,” said Young. “Tractors didn’t make farming fun, but they sure make it a lot easier.” Young was one of more than a dozen antique tractor enthusiasist who […]
Tag Archives | Gerald
HOULKA – Gerald Morris Fortner, 56, died suddenly Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 9, 1957, in Chickasaw County to John and Hollen Fortner, and he was a lifelong resident of Houlka. He was a longtime manager of T.M. Parks Sales and Drilling in Houlka, where […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
MONTPELIER – Gerald N. Moore, 79, passed away, on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Valley Station, Ky., to Lillian Vaughn and Walter Moore. He was a retired U.S. Marine master gunnery sergeant with 24 years and six months of service. He served […]
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Megasite opportunity October 26, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...