HOULKA – Gerald Young plowed mules as a boy. That’s why he loves tractors so much. “My daddy bought a tractor in 1964 and it changed my life,” said Young. “Tractors didn’t make farming fun, but they sure make it a lot easier.” Young was one of more than a dozen antique tractor enthusiasist who […]
Tag Archives | Gerald
HOULKA – Gerald Morris Fortner, 56, died suddenly Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 9, 1957, in Chickasaw County to John and Hollen Fortner, and he was a lifelong resident of Houlka. He was a longtime manager of T.M. Parks Sales and Drilling in Houlka, where […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
MONTPELIER – Gerald N. Moore, 79, passed away, on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Valley Station, Ky., to Lillian Vaughn and Walter Moore. He was a retired U.S. Marine master gunnery sergeant with 24 years and six months of service. He served […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...