HOULKA – Gerald Young plowed mules as a boy. That’s why he loves tractors so much. “My daddy bought a tractor in 1964 and it changed my life,” said Young. “Tractors didn’t make farming fun, but they sure make it a lot easier.” Young was one of more than a dozen antique tractor enthusiasist who […]
Tag Archives | Gerald
HOULKA – Gerald Morris Fortner, 56, died suddenly Friday, Feb. 7, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 9, 1957, in Chickasaw County to John and Hollen Fortner, and he was a lifelong resident of Houlka. He was a longtime manager of T.M. Parks Sales and Drilling in Houlka, where […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
MONTPELIER – Gerald N. Moore, 79, passed away, on Thursday, March 14, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Valley Station, Ky., to Lillian Vaughn and Walter Moore. He was a retired U.S. Marine master gunnery sergeant with 24 years and six months of service. He served […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...