HOUSTON – Mississippi’s Attorney General, Jim Hood, has weighed in on many decisions through the years, but his latest one was the easiest by far. The state office opened a satellite facility in Houston which allowed him to relocate his family back home while still managing the duties of the AG’s office for the state. […]
Tag Archives | General
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
HOUSTON – Brigadier General Gary E. Huffman, a life-long resident of Chickasaw County, retired from the Mississippi Army National Guard effective August 15, 2012, after more than thirty years of military service. His last assignment was a 13-month active duty tour as Commander and Senior Military Representative, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Headquarters located in Sarajevo, […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...