HOUSTON – Mississippi’s Attorney General, Jim Hood, has weighed in on many decisions through the years, but his latest one was the easiest by far. The state office opened a satellite facility in Houston which allowed him to relocate his family back home while still managing the duties of the AG’s office for the state. […]
Tag Archives | General
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
HOUSTON – Brigadier General Gary E. Huffman, a life-long resident of Chickasaw County, retired from the Mississippi Army National Guard effective August 15, 2012, after more than thirty years of military service. His last assignment was a 13-month active duty tour as Commander and Senior Military Representative, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Headquarters located in Sarajevo, […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...